SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 06:53:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Text during Posting...  (Read 5700 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: March 21, 2008, 01:10:53 pm »

Arrgh!   veryangry I just finished typing about three paragraghs of reply & the  a$#@!   reply window decided to delete everything just to "remind" me that someone was posting a reply as I was trying to submit mine!  darn, Jim's got to fix this stupid glitch, it also erases all of your reply if you try to post a picture that's too big, so when you hit the "back" button it offers, BAM, all of your typed reply is dumped into la-la land. this "bug" is really starting tick me off!  darn darn it needs a buffered scratch pad area that autosaves as you type. I've had other folks say the same thing happens to them if the dont remember to manually save a "draft" copy before they attempt to post.
I did a little digging and may think this is more browser related than a system issue. I have not had this happen to me so I would like to gather more info from those of you that have details on the issue...
Does this happen on the Quick Post text box, using the Reply text box or both...?
I think Johnie stated it happens when posting an attachment that is too large as well...
Which browser is being utilized for this to occur...?
And any other details that may aid in correcting this issue...

Thanks ! ! !
  happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:39:12 pm »

I've had my text disapear when I posted a picture to large.  If I remember correctly, it stated that the image was too large.  I hit the back button and all I had was a blank screen.

Also, when I posted a reply and someone else was posting the reply, I believe that instead of clicking on post again, or what ever message pops up.  I hit the back button, thinking that it would take me to the last screen, but it erased everything. 

So it seems in both cases using the back button of the computer deletes the text.  I personally highlight and copy the text before I send.  Then it don't matter what happens.  I always have it, at least for that post!

A lot of stuff.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 02:55:55 pm »

Hey Larry,

There's a setting for the board, "Allow browsers to go back to cached pages", that's supposed to allow this to occur... Why it happens to a select few is the puzzle I'm trying figure out...
When I get a little time tomorrow morning, I'll attempt to post w/ a large attachment in the hopes of seeing this in real-time...  I have a feeling I will not be able to reproduce this issue for some reason or another or I would have ran into this myself some time ago...
I'm glad you utilize a workaround, but hope I can resolve this...
What browser/version are you using...?

Thanks!

My six cents,

Jim

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:37:38 pm »

Internet explorer

A lot of stuff.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:10:53 pm »

Jim,
I was able to capture this problem in three screen shots. They are in RTF format. Please PM an email and I will send them along. I'm using the latest IE but the exact version is nowhere to be found. B*&&ds.
Thanks,
Creighton

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: