SMC Discussion Areas
September 19, 2024, 06:06:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original unrestored or dead mint restored  (Read 7315 times)
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:46 pm »

Original, hands down. Each and every machine has earned all nicks, dents, scratches, etc.
Not a total piece of junks mind you, but something with some wear and tear is just fine with
me.

All new wiring, gaskets, lights and compressor unit doesn't hurt, if you're looking to use it on
a daily bases.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 10:46:33 pm »

I, too, agree that I like a good original best.  We have both in the collection, and although the restored ones are truly beautiful, there is nothing that replaces the authentic look of a nice original.  Having said that, the restored ones we have and the ones I like are done true to original appearance--no pin stripes or gaudy graphics.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Pat Pixley
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 11:40:26 pm »

Nothing gets the heart beating a bit faster than a Original unrestored  machine that you found in the basement of a hardware or out in someone's barn  tounge With that being said
I also like doing them up a little bit better than when they rolled off the line, some nickel
plating rechrome the original chrome add some chrome bolts & nuts and replace steel bolts & screws with stainless steel, that always looks better .

Take my Dr Pepper Better than original  but not a show queen and there is my Orange Crush
way better than original  may be a show queen  went over and beyond on this machine biggrin.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 10:59:50 am »

A nice original seems to have much more of a story to tell about it's history.

A restored machine can hide lot of bad stuff
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:07:54 am by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 08:27:24 pm »

I'm a little slow joining the thread, but a nice/mint original will always be preferred over a restored machine/cooler, at least from a collectors point of view.

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: