SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 04:19:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Been away for a few days..  (Read 1632 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: February 24, 2008, 10:48:06 am »

I had a quick business trip to Vegas on Thursday. I was supposed to be in on Thurs, and out on Friday early AM. I had a helper with me on this trip because my calf muscle is still not right. The trip was so short I didn't even bring my laptop. My wife ended up checking our flight status on Friday morning, and they canceled my flight and rescheduled it for Monday morning.. NY/NJ had its first major snowstorm of course.. We ended up going to the airport on Friday morning to try to get a different flight. Continental had the worst customer service and were less than helpful. I ended up going to US Air and they were incredibly helpful. Unfortunately, all flights into the NY area were shot or priced through the roof. We ended up flying into Pittsburgh and driving home from there. We landed in Pit at 7:00 on Sat night. Grabbed a rental and started driving. Its about a 400 mile ride. We reached my house about 12:30 am. My helper lives about 15 min past me so he dropped me off a took the car home.

Vegas is an awesome city and not many better places to get stranded. But we were both ready to just get home. Now its time to go play in the snow  biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: