SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 01:16:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81, how do I change the door light starter?  (Read 10999 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 09:22:24 am »

The Door just lifts off the hinges, straight up... It's heavy, probably 100-125 lbs , so it's good to have two people. make sure to cut or disconnect your wire first. I always have the wires seperated anyway, and just fastened together with wirenuts, that way the door can come off for next time you need to move the machine.. .It's much easer to move a machine around with the door off, Weighs less. (just a tip)

With the door off, follow what Tom said and you should be good to go.
As far as the ballast, not sure if Funtronics or Sodajerk works (Vending Suppliers which can be found on this site) carry that part... or any local hardware store should have suitable replacement, just bring the old one with you and ask at store.

I'd be cautious putting it back together and do the screws opossite of each other like Tom said and make sure you go in the same holes just as is.. as sometimes these doors tend to "Warp" one or way or the other and not close tight on one end or the other. just replace where the are and you should be fine..

Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

One thing before you do all of this - try another bulb. I have had fluorescent bulbs bad out of the box.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
keng
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 10:49:32 am »

Thanks for all the information and advice. 

I will first attempt a third bulb to validate it must be the ballast.  I will reach out for the restorer, Mr. Johnston to see if he is available to do the repair at some point in the near future (as it is years out of warranty).  If not possible or practical, I will attempt the repair myself as outlined by the many helpful posts I received to my question.

I will follow up with details of the final resolution to the ballast.  Thanks again all!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: