SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 06:26:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 case cooler...  (Read 4031 times)
photophil
« on: December 20, 2007, 08:36:41 am »

this is my first post...wanted to say what a great place this is!

anyhow, I came across a 1948 vendo 6 case cooler in GREAT condition ( still working too )  it's all red, not w/ white top.  chrome kick plate.  Im wondering what ya'll think its worth ( in general )   Im a photographer and interested in using this strictly as a prop ( for now )
...I understand most of you  serious collectors so I thought there would be no better group tp be honest about price...... the seller is hot to move it ( a fellow photographer ) .

thanks in advance!

-phillip
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:57:23 am »

Condition is everything... and completeness... but if your just looking for as a prop maybe completeness is not an issue?
I'd say $200-$300 is about the highest for unrestored machine, more if in really good shape or restored.
Others will chime in as well.
We like Photos... and by the sounds of it you know how to work the camera?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
photophil
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:08:26 am »

thanks signguy!

It is several states away...I am waiting for more detail shots,  here is the one I do have...

as Im learning ( from reading here ) a spankin'  "new" one is about double what this guy wants for this machine....  Im startin to re-think  the deal...
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:44:22 am »

The shelves are the only parts that usually get lost on these machines.
Although this cooler is in nice shape, it is rather large and plain for what you
want it for.
       Check in with this site frequently and we will find you a terrific photo-prop.
Nice looking machines can be had at a good price if their inside parts are missing,
but don't buy it with the intentions of finding parts later. Parts often sell for more
than whole machines if they even ever show up for sale.
       I sold a small VMC 33 to a photographer here in town. He used it for a prop,
in his studio year round. Couples could have their picture taken, each leaning on
the coke machine and drinking a Coke. This might be the machine for you also as
the lack of embossed letters leaves it less desireable, although it doesn't show in
the pictures. Also the 33 is comparatively plentiful and is usually missing the drum.

Glen
photophil
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:28:43 pm »

Thank you for your insight Moondawg....

I will find out if its had a pro-restore...otherwise I think 2k ( plus freight ) isnt a "deal"
( even if it looks clean from this pix )   

I will read about the 33 you referenced is it also a vendo?

- thanks again !
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:27:04 pm »

No 2k plus freight! OuCH.. No Run away from that deal... If your looking to spend around 2k, then do like Glen (Moondawg) reffered to a nice 33, or the classic Vendo 39 can all be had for under 2k.
Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: