SMC Discussion Areas
June 10, 2024, 05:32:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: first machine CSS-64  (Read 10281 times)
darktone
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:27:38 pm »

Hi everyone, I just bought my first machine- a cavalier css-64. The plate on the side says 64G and a tag in the door says 64C. I wonder what this means? Anyway's I got a few questions. The coin changer is missing- the previous owner is supposed to have it but I am about to give up on getting it from her. What model do I need? From what I read it's a CoinCo unit right? The other question I have is that is water supposed to collect on the bottom of the cooler and go through that hole and into the drain pan right? There's like a valve type thing- is this supossed to have a small hole for the water to drip through?
     My next question is about using plastic soda bottles- will they work? The skinnier ones? How about those newer small plastic Coke and Sprite bottles? Do they stand a chance of getting punctured in the machine?
     Here's a little more info about my machine- it's got white sides and top with the logo "things go better with Coke" on both sides. It has trhe 3-D Stylestar with a light and a light in the vending area. The coin changer door or what ever it is called has the woodgrain only on this door. It was an indoor machine all it's life and was said to have been in a school- must have been in a teachers break room to be this nice. It had quite a build up of floor wax on the bottom couple of inches and I think this protected things pretty good! I have it running and it stay's between 36 and 38 degrees and sounds and runs good. I just wish I had the coin changer so I could play with it biggrin. Mike 
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:34:46 pm »

Welcome Mike ! ! !

There's an unwritten rule, or better yet, forum etiquette that requests photo(s) to be posted while talking about or referencing a particular machine.

As for the coin mech, I would go with a CoinCo as these are dependable.
Most of the smaller glass bottle sodas will vend in this slant shelf machine; I'm not sure about any of the plastic bottles though...

The hole in the bottom pan is supposed to drain the condensation so make sure this if free of debris. Do your best to make sure the machine is level/plumb so the drain works efficiently.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:38:53 pm by Jim » Logged

My six cents,

Jim

darktone
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:51 pm »

Thanks Jim Cool. Well since my camera broke and it's in a 100 pieces on my desk( hopefully I can get it back together) I can post a link to the Craigslist listing where I bought it from with some pictures- http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/clt/467488283.html
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:58:38 pm »

Well the Craigslist ad has been deleted. However if it is a stylestar machine it is an early G model. I would buy a coinco coin mech and any single price model will work as long as it is 115-117 volt. Do not buy a 24 volt mech. I have gotten the small plastic water bottles to vend in these machines. Do not worry about puncturing a bottle. I doubt that would happen. the only problem is the diameter of the bottle itself. Most plastic soda bottles are too fat to fit through the bottle gate.
darktone
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 07:17:01 am »

I got my camera back together so I'll get some pictures at work today of it. Also is this the coin changer I need? COINCO SINGLE PRICE CHANGER S75-9800B.
   Thanks Jim, I leveled the machine so it would drain yesterday. Any tricks to cleaning the glass inside the doors?
     Any way of telling the exact age of a mchine like this? I wonder if those small 8 ounce plastic bottles will work? I can get Coke,Pepsi,Squirt,Sprite and Fresca in the old Mexican bottles but they cost like a $1.20 each. I am also not too far from the Coke bottler in Minnesota that refills bottles so this is an option too. Gray's brewing is just a few blocks from me but they are a $1 a bottle and their caps are blank. I do plan on using this machine inside to vend and don't want to have to put the price to $1.50 a bottle. Smiley

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:04:15 am »

Mom taught me a little vinegar and water cleans leaves glass streak free. The drawback is waiting for the  odor to dissipate.
Sam's club sells the 8 oz coke for  about $11.00 a case, but  it seems to be very hit and miss  on when they have it in stock.  The Sam's club by me also carries Orange, Strawberry and orange Crush  in 12 0z bottles for $9-10  a case
If you have a coke bottler nearby, ask them if they will sell you  wholesale. Purchasing glass bottles  on Ebay or locally, and refilling them your self is also an option.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 09:57:54 am »

Your Cs-64G is from the late 1960's
darktone
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 08:44:57 pm »

Thanks guy's. Late 60's is what I was thinking and was the era I was hoping it to be. Here are a few pictures from today. Smiley

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 08:54:03 pm »

Nice looking machine - except for the woodgrain!  upside
I'd think about changing that!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
darktone
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 09:06:34 pm »

Nice looking machine - except for the woodgrain!  upside
I'd think about changing that!

Nope- I want it just the way it is. One of the reasons I wanted a machine of this era was to remind me of these machines when I was kid and wood grain was one of the things I remember on these old machines. I am 43 years old- too young to remember the round tops but old enough to have grown up with wood grained bottle machines biggrin
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: