SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 10:04:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help To Identify Cavalier Model  (Read 6054 times)
Cobrargc
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:30:22 pm »

Hello to all,

I've had a Cavalier model Coke machine for about 15 years.  I'm unable to clearly identify the model.  The foil tag in side the door reads C6-306/108.  Browsing your model archive it looks like it could be a C6-244, CC6-342 OR CC6342 in appearance.  All these years I have used a simple hasp to keep it locked while in my garage.  However, I am looking to free up some space in the garage and my church is looking for another Coke machine.  I would like to donate the machine to my church, but would like to install the original style door lock.  Any help with the correct model # and replacement lock? 

Thanks in advance
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:51:54 am »

Your machine looks like a Cavalier C6-174 to me.  It also looks like your machine originally came with a "T-handle"  lock that someone modified.  Do you have to screw the the lock or just turn it?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Cobrargc
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 01:41:20 pm »

The machine has never had the t-handle since I've owned it.  I'm guessing it had the handle that you turned until tight, then the lock/handle was pushed in???  I see there is a used t-handle assembly on Ebay right now.  I'm wondering if most of the machine manufacturers used the same style lock on their machines??  All that remains from my orginal lock is the threaded nut on the inner door that accepts the threaded end of the t-handle.
Camel24hrs
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 08:15:45 pm »

If it is threaded where the locking mechinism goes in the my guess is it is a screw in type lock instead of a just twist 90 degrees and open.  But I dont own a machine with with a t-handle lock, so better get a definate answer from someone else.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:12:34 pm »

I was hoping that someone else would say something since I have not had to deal with the T-handles before.  Since someone rigged the lock a T-handle may not work in it's current configuration.  It is a little hard to see...is the current lock a round "Ace" style lock?  Does it work?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
Cobrargc
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 06:03:01 pm »

Thanks for your help.  The original lock is gone.  I simply mounted a piece of sheetmetal over the original lock hole.  I then cut the head off a bolt and welded it to the back side of a hasp loop.  This was then inserted through the door and threaded into the factory lock nut mounted on the inner door.  The below pictures show what I am describing. 
Cobrargc
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 06:06:02 pm »

The first photo shows my makeshift bolt/hasp going into the outer door.  The second photo shows the bolt where it screws into the inner door.  And the last picture is the back side of ther inner door showing the two holes where the original lock would have mounted.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:18:37 pm »

Pretty neat modification.  I looked at the FunTronics catalog and they have what you need.  Part number 1p. Replacement T-Handle lock (w/2 ACE keys) for some 60’s, 70’s, 80’s Cavaliers, Vendos, Lacrosse and others. Length of lock from face to spring loaded plunger is approx. 1”. These are new old stock, while supplies last = 18.00 . Their number is 301-371-5246 and they may also be able to help you with this.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
Cobrargc
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 06:39:42 am »

Thanks for all your help.  I'll give them a call.
Cobrargc
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 04:31:39 pm »

I contacted FunTronics this morning.  They sent me out an OE T-handle and lock for $35.  They even included, for free, a new 50cent price decal.

Thanks a bunch.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: