SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 10:27:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to a auction  (Read 6385 times)
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« on: October 26, 2007, 05:04:54 pm »

I am going to a pepsi auction in Hamilton Illinois this next week,  anyone else going or live close to that area.  This will be our second trip and it was a good experience the first time.

aspbear
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:41:07 pm »

Any additional info for our Events Calendar...?

My six cents,

Jim

aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:45 pm »

This is a two day sale of a Pepsi Cola collection.  It is set for Oct. 29th and 30th it can best be seen at www.sulliivanauctioneers.com

They have a consignment auction once or twice a year.  This particular auction is a collection from a gentleman named Roger Blag (I think) out of Minn.

Everything from bottles, signs and some machines.

aspbear
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:50:08 pm »

oops sorry got the web site wrong.   www.sullivanauctioneers.com

aspbear
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:18:08 am »

Wow - That's a collection and a half. Some lovely light up signs and clocks.
I hope you come away with some great bits. Are you there for both days??

BTW - GB, Did the helmet ever arrive??

Dave 
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:42:18 am »

Yes Dave,  it is a big sale but most of the items go pretty high.  I went last March though and managed a pickup load,  there are a few items I would like to own but will just have to wait and see.   You can actually bid on line but there is a 15% buyers fee on line and the shipping always seemed a little high to me.  Also from being there it obvious that they prefer to sell to the floor, probably like people just hauling the stuff off and they dont have to wrap anything up.

You always see some one of a kind items like the last time they had 6 of the pink pepsi bottles.  There was only 50 every produced and the six they had last time brought over 4,500 in two lots.  This time they have an orginal wooden Dr Pepper radio very rare...

The helmet never arrived but I appreciate you trying.  There is probably a United Postal Employee wearing it on his rural route everyday biggrin  1 1/2 more years and the uniform goes in the closet for good.  Then it will be on to more great auctions and taking care of the grandkids....5 grandson's and each have a machine tounge

aspbear
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 08:58:38 am »

Well back from the auction,  sorry Dave no double dot sign went for a price I thought you would be interested in,  everything went pretty high for me.  I did get to buy a few smalls like an old hamilton beach malt mixer and an old gum ball machine but the clocks and signs went very high.

On a positive note Eric was there and it was good to see him again.  I left a little early on the second day,  I hope everything went well for you on your return trip Eric.  This is a great site with very nice people and Eric is among the top of the list.

Dave I will check on the light up for you and get back with you by PM...

aspbear
Pat Pixley
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 01:57:21 pm »

Wow what a auction   oh  Now is that every year for the Pepsi stuff ?
 And GB Were going to have to see malt mixer and that gum ball machine
 you have to share with the group biggrin.

Pat
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 02:17:00 pm »

Pat, he has these a couple of times a year but not at a set time.  If he does not come up with a large collection like this one, he will do a consignment auction.  I have been to three but it seems like everytime the prices go up dramatically.

I will get the clock, gum ball and mixer this weekend and clean them up and get some pictures up here.  I need help on the gum ball anyway, Eric thought it might be a Atlas but it was at the bottom of the stuff I bought and could not get to it.  I just always wanted a gum ball and this one is a good fixer upper.  I actually tried the mech and it worked and even dispensed an old gum ball out of the machine but I could not get anyone to try and chew it, may have been the gray dull color... biggrin

aspbear
Pat Pixley
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 08:02:30 pm »

OH man! I missed out on a old grey gum ball   tounge Darn  Just my luck.
 Well  when there is a auction I have to see If I can do that.
The Gum ball machine does sound cool can't wait to see it  biggrin.

Pat
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: