SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 01:53:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good advice pays off!  (Read 9896 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 07:35:04 am »

I don't know why I didn't think of that model Tom...

My six cents,

Jim

BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 01:14:48 pm »

Jim - The Soda Section is where I got the CV-150 info from, but I did not see a 3 selection machine.
The Choice Vend has what is called an XR Relay Box in it.
Wasn't somebody looking for something related to this setup.
Hey Tom - I have a ChoiceVend (also a donor).  The electro-mechanical vending on mine is flaky... works most times but sometimes gets stuck on.  I think it's the relays... If yours has anything similar, I'd be interested in the parts.  Would also like to see what kind of t-stat came with yours.  Let me know.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 07:41:53 pm »

Bryan,
I do not see anything like that on mine, but yours appears to have a bottle door - mine doesn't. I'll try to snap a shot of the T-stat later tonight.
I may hold onto the CV for a little while - it is complete, but needs some work. Man it is one heavy machine though - I tried to pull it back on a two wheel dolly and couldn't get it to tip enough.
I took the Westy apart today - got the mech, bezels, selection panel, lighted marquee (will probably keep this for a custom backlit light), vend assembly (motor was mssing) - pretty much everything exept the butchered bottle stack, compressor and body - so if ANYBODY wants something from it, let me know; otherwise, I'll just store them. I think they are the same as the WC, but not sure. I can get a pic to anybody interested.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 07:59:45 am »

Bryan,

There is a way to fix your flaky vend circuit.

First, take a small flathead screwdriver and make sure that your switch stacks are nice and tight.

Second, purchase a Flexstone Contact File or double up some 300 grit sandpaper and place it in between the contacts on your switch stacks and draw the file/paper back and forth a few times and then look to see if you have bright and shiny or black and sooty. Repeat until you see bright and shiny.

Third, check and make sure that the gap between the switch contacts are adjusted to about 1/16th inch. There are special tools that made for adjusting contacts but you can get away with using a pair of needle nose pliers. If you need to make an adjustment, take your needle nose pliers and grasp the contact blade at the very base closest to the screws and rotate your pliers either up or down depending on how it needs to be adjusted. NEVER adjust the switch blade from anywhere else but the base! If you do you will damage the switch and reduce the spring tension thereby making the switch more likely to fail.

The best source that I have found for both the Flexstone File and the Switch Adjustment tools is Marco Specialties. They are a Pinball Supply company that I use all of the time. Both tools can be had for under $3.00.

Brian
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 10:46:14 pm »

Brian - thanks for the tip.  I'll try it out as soon as I can get back to the machine. Garage is jammed with furniture we're waiting for a friend to come pick up... while we get a 3rd car garage (aka my new shop) built.  Yea!  drinking

Tom - thanks for looking. 

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: