SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 08:06:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wurlitzer 44 Replica...bought one and also looking for vintage 56 or 81  (Read 3083 times)
MinneSODA
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:00:45 pm »

Hi..nice site...it's been fun exploring..well here's my story....I always wanted a V44.  There was a Wurlitzer v44 replica in the paper in my area for 1800.  I know it's not the "real thing" but I went over to the guys house and looked at the machine...it was set up for cans...worked great...and then he took a couple of minutes and had long neck beer bottles and water bottles vending from it...works like a charm...i was impressed with the appearance of the old machine with the technology of today...I had a vendo 39 in the past and it wasn't functional because of the lack of small bottles in my neck of the woods...and when they were available were too spendy to purchase....anywayyy..I want a machine that I can use on a daily basis...considered buying the new Junior cooler...refrigerated model...for 700..had an original one of those for 20years which i used mainly for storing old magazines..filled it up with ice on a few occasions for parties...but not something that is practical to use on a daily basis...and this Wurlitzer replica can be used all the time with a huge variety of beverages (2 choices at any time)...so anyway...I decided to buy it..it's perfect for a small room off my kitchen which leads to my porch...very accessible for both rooms..i asked him his low dollar and he said 1800..he showed me his receipt of purchase which was over 4100 with sales tax 2 years ago...anyway he sold his house (divorce) and needs to unload the machine...I told him thanks, but no thanks...the most i could go is 1500...he said 1750...sorry...he said ok 1700...i said well noooo i can't and was leaving and he said low dollar 1600 cash..no checks....i said i have 1500 cash on me right now..took it out of my wallet and showed him...and i then owned the machine for 1500...i figured it's a good deal...i looked into converting a v44 to cans and the rack is 750...so for double that i have a great "daily use" machine...but I am looking for a small door v81 or v56 for my home theater room as this machine seems to offer the variety of selection and bottle sizes that the v44 can't and will be usable way into the future...i rambled on here a bit...but i am happy with my new 44 and look forward to an old 81 or 56...I am going to add a small sprite boy decal to the front of the machine above the selector lever and a hand with Coke decal to each side ...should I use the 10.5 inch hand with Coke decal or the 14 inch decal on this machine?..I'll post pics when it's completed.....thanks!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:11:52 pm by MinneSODA » Logged
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:25:21 pm »

Welcome aboard MinneSODA,
Are you looking for a restored 56 and 81?

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
MinneSODA
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:33:29 pm »

Hi Sodaworks...looking for an unrestored 56 or 81 in running and at least fair cosmetic condition...thanks!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 11:03:59 pm »

Just a guess but I'm assuming in your Minnesota?Huh? I'm in Western WI, only a couple hours from the Twin Cities area and I have a few Vendo 81's available if your looking for someting close by... you can contact me on this site and I also sent you a private message with my phone number or you can email me directly at signguy@cokenstuff.com

Later
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: