SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 06:37:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum for Problems or Issues...  (Read 89873 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 10:15:15 am »

Hello Ken,

I'm not following you on the screen size issue...
I have posted my screen within FireFox; let me know if I'm displaying the same problem... What is your screen resolution set to...? I know I cannot control individual screen resolution but perhaps some things can be taken into consideration...

That's good about the Photo Gallery not displaying an Admin Link; I probably see it because I'm usually logged in...

As for your master login, I'm not sure what may be happening here, how about attempting to utilize the "Lost Password" function... Then when the email arrives, you can retrieve it or change it in your profile...

Hopefully helpful,
Jim

Oh Yea, I'll be moving a lot of things around after lunch as I sent out messages to warn everyone, but I failed to state this would take place on EST(Eastern Standard Time) !

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 10:51:06 am »

Here is a copy of my screenshot... I am running 1680x1050... My laptop at home is running at 1024x768 and I have the same thing...

Other forums I'm on stretch the whole screen, and when I view this forum using the other link you posted without the menus on the sides, it stretched the whole screen.

I'll log out, request a new pwd and try it again...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 11:17:18 am »

OK... I logged out from the user menu logout button...

I got an message that said... "you are currently logged in to the private area of this site." Then it presented me with another logout button. This logged me out of the system.

I then went into the User menu and tried to request a password, I put my username and email in... I got the error msg in this screen shot. Apparently Joomla doesn't have me as a user? Strange since when I login to the discussion area, then back to the home page, it shows my name in the user menu..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 01:01:30 pm »

Ok Ken,

Now I see what you talking about...
I think we are at a cross-roads because I have chosen to base the new Site on a fixed width so I control the layout. With you viewing websites at a high resolution, this is what occurs... Sites that have widths as percentages, say 95%, will stretch the content to fill the window to 95% leaving a small portion of the background visible...
I'm not sure how many other people that frequent this Site have high resolutions, but I would be interested to take a poll...
I personally have my dual monitor setup at 1024 x 768 for each monitor.

Moving along, can you login, get to your profile and change your password, logout, fresh the home page prior to logging back in with the new password and see how this works...

I apologize for this inconvenience, but we'll get this resolved as I'm sure there will be others...

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 01:33:05 pm »

Jim..

Changing my password worked. Joomla requires 6+ digits for a password, and mine was only 5.

As far as the resolution goes, I'll live with it if nobody else complains...  Grin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 02:18:20 pm »

Ken,

Thanks for the update!
I forgot about the minimum character count for the passwords...
I was researching this just recently and decide to implement a hack for this so the "Lost Password" feature doesn't require you to enter your "Username", just the email address utilized during registration...
I just finished testing this and all works well; as did changing my password in the Profile.

My six cents,

Jim

BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 07:40:54 pm »

Hi Jim - this is not a big deal.  to be honest not sure if it's user error or the new forum.  I tried to use the quote feature in one of my posts and it looks like it has some kind of unresolved html font tag.

<font color='#000000'>If you are taking orders, me too.</font>

The actual post in the repair school thread.  I can't figure out how to create hypelinks so not sure if this works --> http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php?topic=6441.0.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 08:04:05 pm »

Hey Bryan,

I did see that quote before an wondered what caused this...

As far as Links, well, let me try...
This link should open a new window to the Repair Certificate Thread...
http://soda-machines.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/topic,6441.60/

My six cents,

Jim

c125bob
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 08:16:24 pm »

When I tried to log in my password wasn't recognized.  I used the "lost Password" button, logged in OK on the new password, changed back to my old one in my profile & am good to go.

Hang in there, these things always knock and smoke a little at first, it'll settle down !

Good job, I love the new look.
Bob
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 09:08:24 pm »

Thanks Bob ! ! !
I'm glad things went smoothly for you...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: