SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 07:32:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum for Problems or Issues...  (Read 89874 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: August 02, 2007, 10:51:21 am »

Hello everyone,

I'm off from work for a few days and will be diligently working to get the migration completed ! ! !

Until then, please keep all posts regarding any issues/problems in this thread.
This was everything can be removed easily when the dust settles... Thanks!

I haven't completely resolved the Avatars issue, but I did bring over the previous ones for use here... In everyone's Profile, you will see where you can modify and choose one from the list; don't forget to Save the changes!  UPDATE: This only applies to those that have access to the New SMC Site. If you access the Discussion Areas from the link previously provided at the Old Board, you'll be able to upload your own Avatar. Please make every attempt to resize images down to at least 100 pixles X 100 pixels be fore uploading! Thank you.

I also want to notify everyone that I have noticed corrupted data in everyone's profile in the Main SMC database... Let me explain a little, the new SMC is now database driven and stores user profile information and a lot of other stuff too(the whole site); our New Discussion Areas System(SMF) also utilizes a database backend which also has profile information... Now, this is where I wanted more time to resolve a few things...
The two profile database tables are supposed to stay in sync with each other; however, I'm seeing a couple of issues popping up, one is the avatars since the Discussion Areas has this field and the Main database does not...

Anyone that has been given access to the New Site, I would like you to disregard the link provided to the new Discussion Areas an begin utilizing the Main Site, login there, then navigate to the Discussion Areas. You should see that you're logged into the Discussion Areas...
I would also like this group of people to correct any inaccurate information located in your SMC Profile. Click the link on the User Menu called My Profile. There you will an Edit Button at the top, then click Update Your Profile. Here is where I would like you to ensure the data is accurate. be sure to check both Tabs, Additional Info and Contact Info. Which bring to my next request... To further the benefits of SMC, I am requiring ALL members to enter City, State and Zip Code. I have an upcoming feature that I think you'll enjoy that may need this data.
While reviewing things here, please take note of the little icons and let me know what information should or shouldn't be displayed to regular members...

Lastly, I greatly depend on everyone's input to make this a better community for eveyone ! ! !
And above all, appreciate your time assisting me to get this migration completed...
Jim
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:08:16 am by Jim » Logged

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:32:20 am »

I updated my profile, but I didn't see a spot for my city, state and zip... The only problem  that I noticed was my birthday.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:05:40 pm »

Ken,

Use the Main Site Navigation along the left side of your window, there, you'll see the User Menu below the Main Menu...

The "My Profile" link will take you to SMC's main profile area; you may be editing the SMF Profile...
Yes, I realize two may be confusing, but much of the info is shared or supposed to be... Which is why the Avatar issues are popping up; I'm still researching this issue...

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 12:58:23 pm »

Jim

I got it now...

The link in you sig is not working, BTW   Grin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:55:55 pm »

I should have most of the formating in the Photo Gallery done and much easier to read...
Please review and also let me know if you see a link in the upper right corner, Site Admin, if so, click on it and let me know if you're presented with a login box or what else happens... Thanks

As far as my signature is concerned, at this point, I'm not sweating the small stuff... I'll get to that in due time; actually, the image was working before, hmmm... But Thanks for heads up ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 08:58:44 pm »

Jim.. The photo gallery looks great now... The only thing I saw that was kinda weird was at the bottom right, it shows bubba, then guest next to it.. This is on the main photo page. Here is a screen shot..

Also, when logging in from the main page tonite, I kept getting an invalid  username/password error. I went to the discussion area and logged in without trouble. Then back to the home page and it shows me logged in. Didn't happen earlier today.

I don't see an admin login other than in the header. Earlier today, I had to re-enter my pwd. Tonite I did not.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:11:24 pm »

Not sure if you know this one, but the vend shop requires an additional login..

Nevermind.. it links to the old homepage

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50:30 pm »

Thanks Ken!

The Photo Gallery displays who's logged in at the lower right corner.
I'm not sure if you are referring to the Site Admin Link(upper right corner) in the Photo Gallery or not, but I wanted to know if this displays while you are browsing...

One thing I did notice, down where you see your name and the guest link, don't click this as you'll get an error because it's attempting to display the Photo Gallery in guest mode and it cannot loose your logged in information.

The Vending Shop will require attention, but for now, this will require an additional user name/passwrd... Unfortunately, the shopping cart system, Zen Cart cannot be bridged to run inside the new system...

Sometime within the next 24 hours, the new Site will be up and running ! ! !
This means that everything should be accessed from the main Site with the global navigation panel along the left side of the screen! I'm sure there may be a few glitches, but you cannot enter the new Discussion Areas from the recent link I posted in the old board. Everyone should get used to entering the New Site from the home page, http://soda-machines.com, at least for a week or so... Then you may create new bookmarks/favorites if necessary...

Thanks again for everyone's patience...

My six cents,

Jim

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:18 pm »

Hi Jim,
I entered my zip code after City and State in the "location" field. Is that how you want it done?

Can't find how to get to the photo gallery.

The sort newest reply to the top is the cats meow!!
Thanks!!
Creighton
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 07:28:55 am »

Creighton... check your pm...

Jim.. I don't see any admin login on the photo album page. 

One other issue I still have is screen size. The border around the menus is about 1/3 of my screen on both sides, with the forum in the center. I just checked with IE and with Firefox... same thing.

Also, the login from the main page where it says User Login is giving me incorrect password. If I go to the discussion forum and login, it works. It happened on 2 different pcs....

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: