SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 07:11:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavilier 72 Coin Reject Knob  (Read 1783 times)
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« on: June 14, 2023, 10:42:52 am »

So I picked up one of these machines and I had some issues with the coin reject binding. I got it mostly worked out, but the arm is bent all to hell and I can see why now. I took the clip off the back side of the knob but the dang thing is flared out or something and wont come out. Am I missing something here or am I going to have to grind the stinking thing off? Its taking so much force I'm scared I'll bend the coin mechanism door. I've done a handful of vendo machines and this is my second Cavilier. Its bringing back PTSD from the first one I did.

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 01:22:25 pm »

Cant tell what you're talking about without a picture... post one please indicating the point of trouble/lever you are dealing with.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 07:45:35 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 06:04:05 pm »

Cant tell what you're talking about without a picture... post one pleas eindicating the point of trouble/lever you are dealing with.

Does this help? I took the pins out and the clip off the coin return knob, but the knob just wont come off the lever. Like I said I think its flared out. I don't see it being threaded on in any way.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 08:04:02 pm »

Ah...I see what you mean... the bottom of the lever has been pride at an angle as you can see on the bottom portion, it's "creased" at the post that is the rear of the release knobs shaft, this is "crimping" the post onto the lever.. put the cotter-pin back in place temporarily, leave the post-clip off, get a piece of flat steel that's not as wide as the lever, slide it behind it until it snugs up to the bottom edge of the round post This will proving a prying surface so the return levers slot & coindoor doesn't get damaged....now hold it in place while you insert a wide-bladed screwdriver between the lever & the plate forcing it up between the two as close to post as you can get it as you "twist" it to pop off the shaft from the misshapen hole.  reference my cheesy drawing for an Idea how to place everything...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 05:43:35 am »

As johnieG stated, appears the bottom end of the coin return flat bar is bent which has deformed the hole the coin return knob mounts into thus making it difficult to push it out. Carefully, bend/flatten the bar as best possible in the hopes of getting the knob out. then remove the coin return bar and straighten/flatten it to correct the issue. Do not enlarge the hole to aid in fitting easier as this will only make a loose fit and cause the knob to "wobble" within the groove which could cause other issues.

My six cents,

Jim

CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 10:02:38 am »

I think I understand what your saying to do. I've pretty much already did that but this method is slightly different. I'll try once more. Honestly for the cost of chrome and dealing with the chrome workers that are a breed of their own it would be better to just grind it off and get a new one. The knob already wobbles in the slot...might need another lever by the end of this. I could weld it up and drill a new hole, but I'd need to know the correct size to drill.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: