SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:40:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Bottling...Part 2  (Read 1765 times)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« on: April 07, 2007, 03:43:18 pm »

I successfully bottled some Diet Coke this past week.  Thanks ZMonet for the caps!
I had to get another capper though.  I was playing with the first "capper" and the bottles would not come out!  Then Creighton PM'ed me to say that he thought that I may have corker!  Yep, he was right.  I searched for another old capper for a bit and got one.  I could have gotten a newer one, but I'm refilling old bottles to put in an old machine, I wanted an old capper!
I found out that room temperature  bottles work best.  At first I tried freezing the empty bottles and pouring cold DC in to them.  They foamed right up.  When I used room temperature bottles, it worked great.

In case anyone else is looking for a capper, examine the pic below.  The one on the left is a corker, the one on the right is for capping crowns.  You can tell by how long the piece is that the cap (or cork) sits in (or pushed with).

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:15:07 pm »

Glad that got sorted out Brent. Have fun!!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: