SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 03:46:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39  (Read 7492 times)
Alecigio
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 11:12:51 pm »

I forgot to add, from the serial number on the data plate, if I use that number as a "Vendo" serial number, it gives me the year as 1950. Would Kelvinator have used a different serial than Vendo? Or could that plate be used only for the refrigeration unit in the vendo machine? Thank you very much for any explanation.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:48:32 pm »

Can't help with the machine but great that you are building a flathead 31. Please keep us posted!!
Creighton
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 04:57:27 pm »

(Alecigio @ Jan. 16 2007,8:10)
I will try to bring it in Detroit at the autorama show in 2008 or 2009 in a category called Rising Star (for those under 25 years old). I will also try to enter the ridler award. Thanks for the comments.

Wow, The ridler award is "BIG". I used to show a 67 Chevy truck. You'll find at that level of showing it can get very political. Good Luck and keep us posted.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Alecigio
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:14:31 pm »

Hello Sodaworks,
   I know the Ridler is extremely big. The 8 best cars get in the category "The great 8" and some of these cars have more than 1 million dollars invested in the car. Where I work (restoration shop) we got to participate in the ridler last year. We didn't finished in the great 8 but was really close. I hope to be able to just be a ridler contendant but I am really looking to be in the first ones in the rising star award. If I fiinish the car in 2009 and I will be 24 and that would be the last year I can join that category.

For those who doesn't know what the ridler award is let me explain. That category is for cars that have never been shown to public in magazines, car shows, tv shows. First show ever. Cars are judged by their customizations and quality of the job done.

To get back on the Vendo 39. On the refrigeration unit I found a plate too. It is about 1 1/2"x2 3/4". It is etched green (painted). The title of it says :"Kelvinator of Canada". There is a part number (probaly for the refrigeration unit), a serial number (the same than on the black plate) and Model :F 39 P(or B). On the bottom of that plate there is information about the motor used (rpm, amps, volts, etc.). I don't know if anyone ever saw something like this.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:03 pm »

On the refrigeration unit I found a plate too. It is about 1 1/2"x2 3/4". It is etched green (painted). The title of it says :"Kelvinator of Canada". There is a part number (probaly for the refrigeration unit), a serial number (the same than on the black plate) and Model :F 39 P(or B). On the bottom of that plate there is information about the motor used (rpm, amps, volts, etc.). I don't know if anyone ever saw something like this.

On my Westinghouse WD-5's, there is a ID plate on the machine and also an ID plate on the cooling unit.
From looking at the literature I have about the WD-5, different model refrigeration units were used as technology advanced.
Some parts were also modified here and there to satisfy a design flaw or need.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: