SMC Discussion Areas
September 29, 2024, 12:15:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting rid of a machine  (Read 7005 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: December 04, 2006, 03:25:41 am »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had some tips for selling a machine ? I ask because I have tried every bulletin board and ebay and still got nowhere with selling my cornelius squaretop.

My biggest problem is in I'm in a small town, in Canada, 2 - 3 hours from the big city and I don't drive (so for buyers it's pickup or door-2-door like NAVL)

I paid $100 for the machine.. non-working..  replaced most of the electrical and put news light, lock, and coin mech in and was hoping to sell for $200 (put like $70 into it so barely even a profit) but it's looking doubtful.

Suggestions anyone ?

Chris
Ridewithme38
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:42:22 am »

It's hard to sell a square top for some reason....the lady i bought mine off of(Mine doesn't look anywhere as nice as your though) had it on Ebay for almost a year so she basicly gave it to me for $20...check out craigslist, ebay worst case senario set it up in an office somwhere and try to make some money of it that way
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:28:13 am »

All I can think of is maybe take a step back and look at how you're advertising it. Make sure that if you put it on Ebay that you have a really good write-up in the description box. Not to much and not to little.

Brian
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 06:29:36 pm »

(Ridewithme38 @ Dec. 04 2006,3:42)
It's hard to sell a square top for some reason....the lady i bought mine off of(Mine doesn't look anywhere as nice as your though) had it on Ebay for almost a year so she basicly gave it to me for $20...check out craigslist, ebay worst case senario set it up in an office somwhere and try to make some money of it that way

I'd happily swap you but we're a little far away from each other...  I'd rather coke than pepsi personally, and anything stylestar would be neat..

I might end up putting it somewhere to make money, but not sure where..  (most of the stores, etc I know don't even fill the machines they have)

I almost had a buyer, but as fate would have it he was looking for a big full size machine and I'm sitting here with this compact little squaretop that only holds about 64 cans.. (4 selections, 16 cans each)

Chris
Ridewithme38
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 10:10:01 pm »

Any pics =)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 05:47:33 pm »

(Ridewithme38 @ Dec. 04 2006,10:10)
Any pics =)

Certainly..
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 05:52:07 pm »

More pics
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 05:53:50 pm »

One last pic of me next to the machine to give you an idea of scale.. (I'm 5'7" tall)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 05:57:22 pm »

As you can see overall it's in pretty good shape.. the blue overspray was like it when I bought the machine.. not my doing..   the wiring diagram was falling apart so I tried to remove it with a pressure washer during cleaning, but it didn't take it all away..   I have re-drawn the diagram, but dunno what to print it on or how to attach it..
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 07:53:38 pm »

Well I'm still trying to get rid of this..  anyone close to the border interested in a swap or something ?

Swap for: just about anything with a working compressor (don't wanna mess with refrigeration mech).

Sell for: any reasonable offer.. just wanna see it gone...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: