SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 04:07:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7up vmc 110 restoration  (Read 3521 times)
« on: January 24, 2003, 12:50:17 am »

Hey all,
I am about to start the restoration on an embossed 7up 110 machine. For starters, I am dismantling it down to bare parts. The outer shell seems rather straight forward about how to finish it, but my question is in the interior. Should the parts be replated, painted or powder coated. I would like to hear from someone who has done this in the past and what the results were and if it held up after a few years.

Thanks in advance
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 05:04:34 pm »

Gary,

I tend to lean towards the original look which is zinc plating.
If you're going to use the machine on a daily basis, you might consider powder coating the vending mechanism and shelves for durability.
May I recommend getting ALL the parts that will need to be zinc plated, get them blasted, then have them zinc plated. Take the parts that will incur possible damage from bottles such as the vending mech and vending shelves and have these clear powder coated.
As far as the liner is concerned, I've always sprayed this with HammerRite Paint which is a hammer tone type paint. I do this early in the restoration process because it take a few weeks to totally cure for durability. I haven't explored powder coating the liner due to the extreme heat used to bake things; I was afraid it may warp things...? You could check on this for varification...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: