SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 04:50:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about thermostat  (Read 1153 times)
scottransell

« on: November 21, 2023, 05:04:48 pm »

I have an ideal chest slider and just had it charged with refrigerant. My question is this, the machine is been running nice and the cooler is nice and cold, 53 degrees F, but have noticed the compressor stays running all the time and doesn't shut down. I have adjusted the thermostat and it changes to the adjustment. I read some where about adjusting the limits on the switch. Not sure if this is what is causing it to stay running. The compressor isn't that hot running, but I am sure they reach a degree where they shut down for a while till it meets ambient temp.
Not sure what else would it be, as the thermostat is new and works when turning it on or off, also with adjustments gets cooler and warmer so not sure where the issue would be. Apricate some advice thanks 
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 08:57:02 am »

First question is where is the sensing end of the thermostat mounted?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scottransell

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 01:38:20 pm »

the sensing end runs into a copper tube along side of the refrigerant line it goes into the compressor and goes along to the evaporator, both tubes are side by side and should register the temp and are cold, but read, maybe I should place the line inside the chest so its reading the inside temp. Since I got it running the temp inside the box is around 54 degree F even the bottles of pop are nice and cold, but the compressor hasn't shut off at all yet, not sure if this thing is suppose to run all the time but would think that is should shut down like a fridge does when it meets its temp.  
was going to try and run the sensing line into the box just to try and see if it would work but wasn't sure about that yet.
any advise would help as I said crazy how this compressor stays running all the time but isn't hot either when you touch it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 01:55:40 pm by scottransell » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 07:24:32 pm »

I agree, sounds like the T-stat's holding tube (mounted to the inside of the tanks wall) may have worked loose & isn't making good contact anymore.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scottransell

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 08:01:14 pm »

So tried with it going inside the box to see if it would change the compressor running, it did work the way it should, so going to tear into this a little bit and worse case I'll drill a hole into the box just above the compressor area and slide the thermostat tube into there and lay it into the side of the inside of box.
Appreciate the help guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: