SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 03:55:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deck swap?????  (Read 3897 times)
« on: January 15, 2003, 07:03:19 pm »

Need to know if I can swap all of the refrigeration parts from a cavalier c-8  to a cavalier c-5 machine.I was given a huge c-8 that has working deck.I am restoring a c-5 that does not.Can I do this without breaking any lines loose?I am new to coke machines and need all the help i can get.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 10:20:42 am »

I am by no means an expert, and I am sure that some of the people here could help you out better... But I just swapped out a Cavalier deck from a USS-64 and put it in a C-64es. Probably a 15 year difference between machines, but the deck fit perfectly. I did have to drill new holes for the evaporator, but other than that, it couldn't have been easier. I can't amigine that Cavalier had too many deck configurations, so without seeing the machines I would think that you should be OK.  The Compressor, Condensor and Evaporator should be able to be removed in one piece without breaking or bending anything. If everything appears to match up, between the two models, then I would go for it. Thats my 2 cents...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 07:26:38 pm »

Thanks for the info.....
Went out and swaped the deck from another c-5 to mine....
Works great.Thanks for the vote of confidence......

I do have one more question....
The c-8 that i have has a bigger evaporator with two fans.
Would that be better to use than the one fan unit in my machine now??????
C-ya
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 04:06:58 pm »

Good question... The air circulation for the evaporator is necessary to do two things... 1. prevent the evaporator from icing up and 2. to circulate cool air throughout the unit. The doner unit (c-8) had a larger area to cool and bigger evaporator to worry about icing up, so they used two fans. The c-5 has a smaller area to cool, so only one fan was needed to circulate the air through the smaller evaporator. To be on the safe side use the two fans. If you are willing to monitor the machine, run it with the one fan. If you are getting good air circulation and the evaporator doesn't ice up (beyone a little frost). Stay with one fan, it will be quieter and lower your operating cost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: