SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 06:06:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63 door sealed  (Read 4840 times)
« on: January 04, 2003, 08:26:00 pm »

I just acquired a Vendo 63 for free from someone and am having an issue getting the door open.  It came with a lock and no key, so I drilled out the entire lock thinking that would solve my problem but it still won't open!!  Door almost seems like its sealed.  

Is this a semi-common problem?  Anyone have ideas on getting this thing open?  I have no idea what would cause this besides the llock.   All I know is the guy who had it last had it working and was using it until putting it in storage 2 years ago.  The compressor and light work fine

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: Did a little more work on it, apparently the machine has been kept outside (with a canvas on top to protect from rain) for the last 2 years, so I am thinking that maybe it has sealed shut from the elements).  If anyone has any idea on how to get this open I would appreciate it!!

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 11:04:42 am »

Ok you've done the hard part, the rest is easy. The lock on a Vendo secures the " locking bar" only.  You have the lock out now, make sure the lock bezel is also removed. This will give you enough room to reach in the hole, (with your finger or curved tool) and lift the locking bar up, while pulling open on the coin door. See part suppliers for replacement locks.  Glen

Glen
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 12:32:52 pm »

Hey Glen,

Thanks for the help, I do have the entire lock out and have a whole big enough to get one of my fingers in there.  Where exactly is the locking bar as opposed to where the lock used to be?  I have reached around in there and can't feel much of anything.  I can feel a small metal piece right below the lock and right above, not neither piece feels like it is made to move at all.  It really feels like the door is sealed shut somehow will not budge at all, almost feels like its glued shut

Thanks again!!!

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 01:43:06 pm »

The small metal pieces are part of the locking bar.  The piece on top needs to be hammered upward.

Glen
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 12:49:39 am »

thanks for the help I got it open!  That locking bar wouldn't budge I think because it hadn't been opened in so long, but I finally was able to hammer it up and get the door open, everything working like a charm now THANK YOU!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: