SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 07:25:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a thermostat, my soda's frozen  (Read 3259 times)
Goose
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:44:41 pm »

Hi All,

I have a vendrolator VF125 Pepsi Machine that has been working great for the last year (thanks for the coin mech help).  Now the thermostat, that was only marginally useful origonally seems to be stuck in the ON position.  Fortunately I removed the burst cans before they thawed and made a real mess.

My question is:  What type of thermostat do I need for this?  I have searched for a direct replacement, but I can't seem to find one that is exactally the same.  Does it really matter if it is the same? and what are these ones that have a 18" tube, what is that for anyway?  

Lots of questions, but thanks in advance for the help!

Goose
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:52:14 pm »

i don't know where you can get one, but yesterday, i had to remove 12 soda's from my machine that were frozen and developed pin holes and were squirting all over.  you have to shred the cans by hand and pull them out the bottom to get them out, plus the cola had frozen so they were cemented in there.  and it is in my computer room.  finally got them all out and cleaned up before the wife got home!  funny thing, none of the beers froze???  now i have it on #2 thermostat setting and they are ice cold without freezing!!
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:18:25 pm »

You can get thermostats at most of the supporters of the site at the top of the pages.  There are basically two types - one that the temperature probe just hangs inside and the other where the probe goes in to or is clamped to the evaporator.  Just let the place know the type you have when you order.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Goose
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:08:56 am »

Thanks Guys, Global Compressors had what I needed.  The replacement of the thermostat was easy, however, I rewired the power input since the wire was old and brittle, that was a pain, but it looks nice and works again!  Thanks!

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: