SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 09:33:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Molding a part  (Read 3262 times)
kahonwes
« on: August 07, 2006, 05:59:39 pm »

Inside my Vendo 44 there is a black plastic sheet that I'm guessing is no longer made.  The one that I'm guessing holds the door insulation in, seeing as I havent taken it off the machine yet.  

My black plastic plate has various cracks where the screws hold it in and while thinking.  I was thinking about making a mold of the plate, then using fiberglass to make a new plate.  I figure once painted it would look good, be a nice original replacement and who knows maybe I can make more than one.

Anyone on here tinker with making parts for machines.  Just looking in my machine I think I could probably replicate alot o the things in the machine.

oh and I think I'm addicted to my coke machine now lol

k - Just a thought
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:13:57 pm »

Go to www.sodajerkworks.com. I am pretty sure he makes them.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 07:25:17 pm »

The part you need is called a breaker strip. They are readily avail. and come in a complete set. Cost around 34 bucks.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
kahonwes
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:45:10 pm »

neato, you mean that big black plastic thing on the inside door is already available.... kewl

k - This board is awesome
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 08:47:25 pm »

That's actually the door liner and it is avail. also. The breaker strips are a couple of inches wide and go around the outer area of the main tub.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 08:49:51 pm »

The large Plastic in the shape of the whole door is called the door liner, and yes it's readily availble made to fit your machine exactly.. Both Funtronics and Soda Jerk Works sell these items... as well as almost everything else.. but there are a few peices not yet made and you might be of some help to try those peices if your handy with that sort of stuff..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
kahonwes
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 10:02:40 pm »

Well give me a week, I might have some bottom racks available..  lol....  I'm psyched... nothing like a tiny challenge to get my machine usable till I tear it down this winter and redo the compressor and a few other bits.

k - you fellows really are kewl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: