SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 04:18:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from sea!!  (Read 4912 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: June 24, 2006, 12:34:17 am »

Howdy All!!
Sorry I've been incognito for so long but getting a ship certified for operation plus commissioning her into service then more specialty certifications....and the move from Maine to Florida.........whew....think it's time to retire and let the younger Sailors have this fun!!  I've been in port a few times but never long enough to get back into my passion (coke machines).  I'm still staring at my Vendo 23, Vendo 63, and my Westinghouse WC44-SK, all just dying to have some attention!!
Dave (Birdman), possible good news.  Our deployment schedule may be moving up considerably and I may be paying a visit to your part of the world in 2007.  Anything you want from this side of the pond that I might be able to get onboard?

In any case, i'm back to sea in a few days but pulling into Philly for the Fourth so anyone in the vicinity who wants a tour of the newest U.S. Navy Destroyer, USS FARRAGUT (DDG 99) just give me a heads up and I'll set things in motion!

My best to all of you and may God bless you richly as you live each day!

Eric "Joe Squid"

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 02:29:25 am »

Hi Ya Eric

we were only speaking about you a couple of days ago. Great to have you back even for a little while.
In the time that you have been away I have been brainwashed by members of this group into spending vast
amounts of money on alsorts of projects. Now have a Jacobs, A Vendo 56 and a National Candy Machine sitting
in my garage in bits and pieces.

Glad the "boat" is working fine. It would be great to see you next year.

Take Care

Dave

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:58:04 am »

Eric,
 How long are you going to be in Philly? Are you making any stops at Earle by any chance?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 07:16:20 am »

Eric,

Glad to hear things are good!
Stay safe and I hope you get homeward bound soon...

My six cents,

Jim

joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 05:59:52 pm »

Dave,
Glad to see you're still obsessed!!  Sounds like you're working your way up the ladder on your collection, I'm envious!  Apparently being a cop in England pays better than hear in the states....apparently better than serving in the Navy as well!   ':p'

Bubba,
Sorry to say, Philly is the only stop in the area.  It's purely a PR event, apparently Philly is trying to start its own "Fleet Week" like New York did in the 80s (now a very successful "tradition" with the fleet).  The crew has performed exceptionally well in certifications and this is a "thank you" from our DESRON (Destroyer Squadron) for the hard work.  hope you can make it down, maybe you and I together can talk the Captain into getting rid of the two "modern" soda machines onboard and replace them with A Vendo 81D and possibly a Pepsi Vendolator 81 as well.

Jim,
Glad to see you're still doing fantastic work with this website!  I truly owe you for every scrap of information I've ever learned about these machines.  I never would have met half of the experts on this list otherwise!  Thanks again!!  If you're ever in the Jacksonville area, give me a holler and bring your FARRAGUT ballcap with you!

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 08:56:40 pm »

Eric,

Ironically, I'll be in Jacksonville sometime in the next few days...
We're heading out on vacation tomorrow and we're thinking of hitting the zoo there and a couple of other things...
The timing may not be good for you, but please let me know by tomorrow morning... PM me some contact info!

My six cents,

Jim

jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 06:49:25 pm »

Glad your back, now you can join in again.

Where you going in Fla this time? back around Destin?

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:41:45 am »

I wish!  I know my buddy Oscar would love to have me around some more!  I'll be stationed out of Mayport (Jacksonville).  I actually live in base housing at King's Bay Sub Base in Georgia.  There wasn't any wait to get into a house there (vice 18 month in Jacksonville) and the schools are far and away better!  If you're down this way, stop in and "have a coke!"  ':p'   I'll give you a tour of the ship as well!

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 01:02:33 pm »

Eric

how long are you there for?? I'm going to Florida next August and could easily pop up to Georgia to share a coke.

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 06:26:15 am »

Great to see that you are still alive and made it through all of the fun stuff (Sea Trials, Commisioning, CSQT)! Must be nice now to finally have a homeport. Mayport is a really nice place to be stationed.

Oh yeah, just wanted to let you know that after our conversation last year about me not being selected for Chief and how I should keep my head up......Well, I finally learned to put my faith in the Lord and just asked that his will be done and whatever happens, happens and it did!! I am now an MAC(SW)(SEL)!! I guess sometimes it takes an event like this to wake me up and finally confirm just where my trust belongs.

Brian
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: