SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 08:12:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So i get a negative on ebay???  (Read 6757 times)
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« on: May 22, 2006, 09:24:17 pm »

I come home from a great day "another story later" to a negative feedback on ebay. I send out a USPS money order and it supposidly gets lost?, Or the seller misplaced it? or cashed it? Or what im hearing it never got there? Im contacting to post office tommorow, I sent the seller all the info off the stub and my phone number and I never get a response and just get a negative. What would you do as a buyer in this situation? The buyer has a whopping score of 18 and every attempt to let him know it really was sent I got noting back in replay and even gave him my number on several occasions he has said he tried contacting but my phone shows no record of this.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 09:42:45 pm »

I always use a Delivery confirmation to avoid these issues. As a seller, I would work with the buyer who can show prove of funds.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:58:48 pm »

Joey... I'd also leave them a neg feedback too! and rebutle on yours saying payment sent item not receved. That is so crap! Contact ebay and let them know a money order was sent.

Hope you made it home alright. Machine looks killer
next to the 88... I think this is gonna get restored (hopefully) after the porch and deck is done!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 10:02:38 pm »

After my first neg, I try to pay with PayPal as much as possible.  Yea, contact the PO and file a report with ebay (I forget what it is called).
The seller was pretty quick to give you a negative.  You might see if you can get it mutually withdrawn (if the seller ever gets back in touch with you).

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:14:29 pm »

Joey - I'd send them an email (one more time) and give them a day to respond before you recipricate with a negative.  Maybe that way you can get them to withdraw the negative.

':angry:' PS - Paypal doesn't always help... in fact, I'm going the other way and will no longer accept Paypal.  For all their fees they screwed me on a large sale and wouldn't live up to their so called seller's protection plan.  Turned an $980 sale (800 + 160 S&H) into a $400 sale as the buyer got her credit card company to process a chargeback...  My only way out is small claims in San Diego (buyer) or Omaha, NB (paypal).  I'd spend more on flights and a car.  ':angry:'

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 11:03:19 pm »

I've dealt with Trigger happy buyers and sellers on ebay... Most of the time, they are new and just don't understand how the feedback system works... usually I can work it out with them, and explain how it works. If they don't respond, you can recipricate and do the same to them, won't help you, but makes you feel a little better... especially if your feedback score is higher... I don't worry much about it any longer since my feedback rating is nearing 900 and I have maybe 5 negative experiences total.
I am not sure if you can do a withdrawl? but I'd check on it..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Lulu
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 05:57:56 am »

I had someone that was going to file a "non paying" buyer complaint against me.  I had been sending emails for payment information and wasn't getting any response.  I finally got his contact info and phone number from Ebay and called him.  He was emailing me back, but they weren't coming through.  Possibly a spam filter or something.  Anyway, we got it worked out over the phone.  Maybe you should try that.  I didn't get much help from Ebay.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:48:03 am »

A lot of good info and advice contact them but if they don't respond....I'd leave them neg feedback!
That way they'll think hard about withdrawning yours.
When I first started eBay I sold a Coke Tray... Computer went down! I tried contacting them through my brothers computers and get a phone number...nothing! Got it fixed by the third day
and they left me a neg.feedback on the SECOND DAY! Wouldn't respond and back then they didn't have this retraction thing so I started a new seller ID....I didn't even think of leaving them neg.
feedback...wish I would have!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
petey64
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:05:25 am »

Try the email route first but Ebay can be tough because you usually don't know the person, i won an auction for a baby stroller of all things and the seller refunded my money and sent me another bill almost twice as much as the auction price telling me that the shipping was more than she had posted on the auction and when i balked at being gouged she filed a non-payment complaint, "it was just crazy" and you really can't count on Ebay to look into complaints completely the people that read them are just hourly workers just punching a time clock.
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 03:18:27 pm »

Take Lulu's advice and get the contact information and talk to this person.  I've done it and it works wonders.

Bob
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: