SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 09:39:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uss-8-64  (Read 2903 times)
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:10 pm »

Hello, Well I have plugged in my new machine but it is not getting cold the dial is turned all the way to coldest, you can feel air blowing around but it is not cool, also when I turn the dial to off everything does shut off. Any ideas?? Is there something I need to do, who will repair? Any help is much appreciated.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »

See if it is the thermostat.  (With the machine unplugged) remove the two wires from the thermostat and connect and tape them together.  Plug the machine in and see if it starts to get cold, if it does order a thermostat from one of the site's sponsors.  DO NOT LET THE MACHINE RUN FOR AN EXTENDED TIME LIKE THIS!  You compressor will never shut off and will keep producing cold air!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:27 pm »

So even if both fan motors run and you feel air blowing when you turn up the dial, it could still be the thermostat ?

My machine does just that..  I figured it was probably low on R-12 from a leak or something and that's why it didn't cool..  I read somewhere tho that low R12 would actually make things freeze up, not get warmer ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: