SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 03:13:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Large candy machine  (Read 28539 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 03:32:54 pm »

Well Dave, here is my opinion. Restore the outside real nice, new paint, glass and decals.  Stock all 6 windows with your favorite candy bars and display it in your game room.

So what if it doesn't work..........it looks real cool!

Glen
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 01:42:15 am »

Glen

I think that this is the option I'm currently going to take. It would be nice to have the bits that get it working and I know there are a few people on the group that have or can get those parts so if and when they become available I'll try and get them. Have already striped the cabinet down to metal. Found a chap local that can do
the decals and exploring the option of gettting the stand made.

My dad, who is desperate to re-spray the V-56 can have the cabinet (it keeps him happy and lets me get the v-56 done professionally) Everyone happy.

I love the machine and I'm really glad I took your advice and grabbed it in the end. I think it will look great next to the other bits and pieces. Its an Item I never thought I have.

Thanks for the words of wisdom BUT I ahve made a promise on "loss of limb" (she can chose which one) that this will be the last for a while.

Dave
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:57 am »

Okay Chaps Need your help on this.

The sign on the candy machine has broken and was home-made anyway.

I have found someone to replace it and now have to decide what to have it say. I could go for "Candy" like it said previously but I was hoping for something more inspirational.

Maybe "Hershey" or some sort of a 1950's phrase.

Anyone have any bright ideas. Last time I asked a question like this I managed to get a cool sign for my gameroom door.

This is what is on there at the moment.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 07:46:13 am »

I took Glens Advice. I stripped the machine down and got my dad to spray it. Spraybomb I have to confess. I know I know but to a layman it still looks pretty good.

Anyway, the only reason I got the machine was to give my dad a job so as to take his mind off trying to spray my V-56. He was convinced he wanted to spraybomb that and there was no way I was going to allow him to do it. Diplomacy prevailed.

I got a neighbour to make up the decals and sign and hey presto a new machine that looks just great. Something I could never have hoped to have had a few months ago.

Just need someone to make me a stand now. No one seems at all interested. Guess business must be good here to turn down work.

Here's some pictures.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 07:47:51 am »

And now a couple after...

All I need now is to get the bits for the inside so that the kids can get fat eating the chocolate bars.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 08:54:52 am »

Looks like you all did a great job.

What kind of candy is the Oat... that is in the middle?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 10:03:09 am »

Ha

that's just an Oat Bar.I am going to get some Hershey Bars to give it the real American look. In the meantime I used what we had in the fridge. Most of the bars have melted due to our "Heatwave." There was a BreakAway Chocloate Bar but that just turned to melted chocolate so I replaced it with the Oat Bar.

There's Cadbury's Penguin. Two different KitKats a Drifter bar and a Snickers.

Dave
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 10:19:42 am »

Ha

that's just an Oat Bar.I am going to get some Hershey Bars to give it the real American look. In the meantime I used what we had in the fridge. Most of the bars have melted due to our "Heatwave." There was a BreakAway Chocloate Bar but that just turned to melted chocolate so I replaced it with the Oat Bar.

There's Cadbury's Penguin. Two different KitKats a Drifter bar and a Snickers.

Dave
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 10:31:18 am »

When I was a kid (70's/80's) the movie theater downtown stocked boxed hard (non-melting) candy like Jaw Breakers, Red Hots, Lemon Heads, etc.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 12:22:50 pm »

Good job chaps. They say the hardest part of any job is starting.  Looks like a great storage cabinet.

I have had Stoner candy machines, the lock was on the left side and the door swung open left to right.  Your lock is on top, how does the door open ?

Glen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: