SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 12:22:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 50 tear down starts.  (Read 2342 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: May 02, 2006, 03:01:05 am »

Hello Chaps

Alomst finished my pump and now I'm getting started on taking apart the Jacobs. Mnaged to  get the compressor unit out last night and the tub too. Cleared out 50 yr old fibreglass. Really itchy today. Wife was not best pleased with me last night. Even after a shower she was itching all night long in bed. Oh well can't plse everyone all the time.

A couple of questions to start...

I know this has been asked before. But I've done a search and can't find the posts. I'm having real difficulty shifting those rusted in screws. Bought a gadget that goes on your dril that is supposed to do the job. What a laugh. Its supposed to twist itself into the scrrew and then bring it out.
What do you guys do to get them out?? Any tricks of the trade. Have soaked them in WD40 and it helps a bit but not on all of them.

The Jacobs is a generic machine. Mine was pepsi. I was thinking of re-doing it in that lovely Dr pepper colour. What do you think I guess its orginality against prefered taste. Did Jacobs ever do a Dr Pepper??

Des anyone have to hand the paint codes for Pepsi & DP. My machine is post double dot. Could my machine have come in the double dot colours.

Thanks Chaps. (Was it Bank Holiday in the US yesterday. Was May Day Here a throwback to our Socailist 70's)
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:54:01 am »

Dave,

I use a Dremel tool to get out those nasty screws.  I soak them with WD-40 and use the Dremel to cut the screw head so I can get a flat tip screwdriver attachment for the drill on there.  I've had great success with this.  Dr. Pepper would be cool.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:19:19 am »

Same here - use the cutoff wheel with the dremel - make a deep slot (careful not to disrupt the screwhole) and use slotted screwdriver - works like a charm.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: