SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:31:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy machine  (Read 10280 times)
Monkey Boy
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 05:15:06 pm »

One more thing from old Monkey Boy....For those in real pain don't do it but I've got a good way to pop back if interested. You know how everyone does that I put my arms around you and pick up? I do it different I stand back to back with Victim...I mean patient...Yeah thats it. They put their arms back like your making bird wings. The kind where your hands are still touching your sides. I then run my arms through theirs and bend forward slowly. This picks the other persons feet off of ground and arches spine. I then do a couple of quick bobbing jerks and you here a nice RiPPPP. Try it some time it works. However you have to find the right size of person to match your need. I can do my son but he can't do me. I outweigh him  2 to 1. It does work though, and this poor fella at work was complaining about his until I done that for him awhile back.... Nice thing about it is that it doesn't hurt either of you like the other one does. One guy gets his back manipulated the other one gets his compressed...

Monkey Boy
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 07:01:15 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1946-U-SELECT-IT-CANDY-BAR-MACHINE-5-CENT_W0QQitemZ6251694887QQcategoryZ3950QQssPa
geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Was looking at what machine finally went for and it didn't go up. Anyway I hadn't noticed one of the pictures that you could look at on it. It has a picture of the top of the beast. I mentioned earlier that I thought it was missing something. Anyway you can see the two holes on top of it that I was talking about. There isn't a picture showing the whole thing but I'm pretty sure it looks like mine. I also mentioned that the door plaque was in another spot. I didn't know why at first but the plaque has an arrow pointing down at the glass you look through to see candy bar. I wish the plaque was in better shape. I'm mostly concerned now about how to pick lock. Since I'm on reply screen I can't remember the name of guy that has buddy with one. I would like to ask him to see if there is a piece missing on top. Does his have the two holes like in this picture... If so could you take top off and take a few picks for me of it, and maybe some measurements??? I need measurements required to build one...That is unless someone has one.. Pretty Please, and thanks
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 08:51:34 pm »

Hey Monkey Boy! It was me I'll try and go by his place this week and snap a few pictures of his machine and find out where he got his  decals and what he did about a lock!

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Monkey Boy
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 07:00:09 am »

Thank you very much, and have a nice week
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 10:25:01 pm »

Monkey Boy...
Here are some images of his machine...
Said he did a google search and thought it was Vintage Vending that he got the decals from.... Which they now have
revamped their company and don't restore and sell machines anymore... they are now called Retro Planet... but if you call them and if Maria is still there maybe.. she can tell you where they got the repro decals... Someone still does them... there where restored machines of this model at Chicago.... And Curtis here may be able to help too....
Anyway good luck...

Eric

WANTED:
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 10:29:47 pm »

Here's a top view....
Also his came with the original lock and key....
Best bet would be call a lock smith... or search eBay...
His machine, as you can see, didn't have the chrome strip either... I think that's just extra bling....

Want to see pictures when you get it done...

Eric

WANTED:
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 10:46:48 pm »

I had two of these, one with the trim and one without.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Monkey Boy
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 12:33:42 pm »

Mine doesn't have the rounded corner top and seam. Does it appeart that the top comes off? Mine is squared off and has the two holes like in that picture. Also mine has the door sticker at the bottom of door. I thought at first they just moved it, but the sticker has an arrow pointing down to site glass. I guess they just eliminated the sticker that is shown in site glass....Thanks, and can you tell me about the top...Can it be removed? What do you see down the holes? I can't figure out what is missing? I understand that some may be differant, but his looks complete but still has the holes? I don't understand why, but am curious to what is accessible through them. Thanks again you guys are very helpful....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 02:06:35 pm »

I would guess the holes would be for mounting an optional promotional sign.

Glen
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: