SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 06:05:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New find. c-64 c-55 c-96  (Read 33576 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: January 09, 2006, 06:20:40 pm »

Well here are the three machines that I drove 1000 miles to pick up yesterday. The 64 is really nice. It has been painted and the painter did a really good job although he didn't finish the job but I have the paint code and hopefully it will match. The white sides and red have a coke are painted on and not decals. the icside looks like it was hammertone painted but is smoother. It looks really good.

The C-55 is a little rougher than I thought. It is solid and most of the rust is not all the way through. It is all there and I will plug it in tomorrow.

The 96 is just a parts machine. It is already torn apart and ready to go on ebay.
Not a bad deal. I am really happy with these and the price was right.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 06:22:24 pm »

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 07:41:20 pm »

Told you this shop would be full in no time!!!!  ':cool:'

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:18:06 pm »

It sure is filling up. I also got 8 working Coinco changers out of the deal. The guy I got these from is a vending machine repair tech for Coke. He is a really nice guy. He said he is always picking up these machines from routes so he said he will be in touch with me. I hope to go visit him again soon. He has a really nice collection. A bunch of machines and buttons. What a cool job that would be. I hope to shoot paint on the 64 soon. I would like to get it done and sell it so I can afford to do the 55. It is going to need alot. I might even have to find another cabnet.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 07:14:47 am »

Great job, Josh! Let me know how that Cav 55 works out.

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 10:40:39 am »

Wow... Look'n good! Wonder if the Hammertone was shot through a gun and thinned down
a little to lay smoother anyone know?...
Set a machine outside if you can to attract other machines... You running any ads?
Wonder if you ran a restoring ad if that would bring in calls...

Keep us posted on the progress....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 11:18:06 am »

I got in touch with the painter. The inside is painted with a hammer tone like paint available at sherwin williams. It is shot through a gun. It looks great!! I am not running any ads as of now. I actually found these on ebay. The 64 ran for a long time and never sold. I guess people didn't want to fool with putting it together. He ran the 55 for a few days with a buy it now of like $200 and no hits. I emailed him and he called me back on Christmas eve and we workrd out a deal. All 3 machines and 10 coin changers for $240. Talk about a great Christmas present. I now have the paint code for the 64 and I am going to try to shoot some paint before the weekend.
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 04:16:26 pm »

Quote (Eric @ Jan. 10 2006,8:40)
Wow... Look'n good! Wonder if the Hammertone was shot through a gun and thinned down
a little to lay smoother anyone know?...

I did all the internal pieces on my VMC56 using Hammerite through a gun. I think the finish was great.  Had to thin it down a fair bit.  My first gun was a siphon feed HVLP from Sears.  It worked but I had to shoot it at pressures a fair bit higher than recommended.  I have since purchased a gravity feed HVLP gun (an ebay knockoff) that works great at proper pressures.

I did find that the second gun, shooting at a lower pressure, had less hammer dimpling on its finish than the first gun did.  Also seemed to show that the thinner the paint the less dimpling on the finish.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 07:02:41 pm »

Looks good Josh nice find! here's some pic's of a Vendo HA56C I just picked up today, I scored it on Ebay, the seller didn't meet his reserve, but he offered it to me via a "second chance offer", & we came to an agreement, said he & his wife were moving & didn't wish to take it with them...and now it's in the 'Barn, It's nice (for a "C" model) it has the bottle door lamp, the lightup is perfect, hate the woodgrain, but she runs & is straight & solid...I also picked up a real nice Vendo V63/Coke I'll post some pictures of it too once I get my digital cameras memory stick up loaded to a cd, ran out of room on the camera...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 07:05:15 pm »

Doh! try again... ':p'

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: