SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 09:14:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portable powder coating system  (Read 1936 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: December 22, 2005, 11:48:28 pm »

I was wandering through Sears today lusting after tool when what to my wandering eyes should appear but a Craftsman portable powder coating system!!  I've never heard of something like this before and it really picqued my curiosity.  It runs $200 and looks like it uses a blow gun? of some sort to apply the powdercoat then you cook it in your oven (although it states to use a non-food oven at 400 degrees Faranheit).  Have any of you seen this setup?  I can't imagine it not working being Craftsman.

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 12:24:46 am »

Yes I did see this though the  email from Sears  ,
And I thought it would be cool to have and like they said
 don't use the oven that you would prepare food in, so you go to Menard's and buy one or look for one in the paper.
 But your right Joesquid that is very cool and from Sears.
 WoW.
  Pat   ':p'
Monkey Boy
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 11:44:22 am »

There is also one sold by Eastwood that I hear is pretty good. Car Crazy talks about them a lot... And from what I understand it's a great company to deal with. I might be forgetting something about their name like "industries" or something like that so look it up on Google along with the words "automotive" and "restoration" something should come up. A lot of people have these and I would feel more confident about buying one of these because there is a big market for Auto Restoration and this is a leading company. Sears may have just as good of product but may decide to pull the plug on it if sales aren't good. Anyway weigh out the advantages of owning either of them. DON'T USE HOME OVEN and if you have the knowledge you can build a bigger oven. I have heard of people doing this.... Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: