SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 04:36:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinball machine help????  (Read 7484 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: December 12, 2005, 04:29:31 pm »

Well i have been looking for arcade games and pinball machines for my sister. She is building a game room in the basement for my nephew. I have already bought her a Tetris cocktail table and a Ms Pacman upright but today I got a call on a pinball machine. I went to look at it and it is a cheep old Brunswick pinball. It isn't even coin operated but it is pretty neet and is in great shape. The lady said it didn't work but for FREE I couldn't pass it up. I got it home and took it apart and it is totally missing the power supply. My question is are power supplies pretty generic? I want to find one so I can get it running so I can give it to my nephew for Christmas. I attached a pic below. It does have glass but it is off in the picture. Anyone have any advice?
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:49:15 pm »

You might want to give The Pinball Resource a call at 845-473-7114. Ask them what you need.  They stock almost every part and have reasonable prices.  Their web site is http://www.pbresource.com/

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:24:40 pm »

Thanks
They sent me to a place that has parts for these. They want $110 for the power supply. So what do you all think. Is it worth $110 to get this running or should it go on ebay and see if it sells for anything?
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 06:22:51 pm »

Wow! Does it have a schematic?  Think you can just use a different kind of PS?  What kind of voltages does it use? This site shows that there is a schematic - probably inside the head: http://members.tripod.com/~lobo14/alive.html

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 06:39:40 pm »

It has the schematic on the back but I also found a manual for it. I have no idea if another one will work. The guy that makes them said they are not compatable with anything else or he wouldn't have to make them from scratch. I also got his number directly from Brunswick.  The cabnet says 120V, 60 hertz, 1 amp, and the schematic says 28Vdc for the power supply.
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 06:53:39 pm »

Josh,  I buy all my pin parts from The real Bob Roberts.  I don't have the url(I'm at work) but just type it into a search engine and it should come up.  He is a old timer that knows just about everything.  Just shoot him aan email with your specifics.  If he can help you just buy it from him, he is the cheapest around and there is never any BS.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 06:59:02 pm »

I have a William's brand Winner, six player horse race pinball.  Are you sure that you don't need a power supply that has all the wiring harnesses with the proper pin plugs on the ends?  Not familiar with your machine, but if it is older with all the relays and such instead of all the solid state circuitry, you will find it is getting harder and harder to find an old timer that can work on it for tune-ups and such.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 07:11:40 pm »

This machine was made in 1978 and it is solid state. I think the harness problem is why I need an exact replacement. Is $110 a high price? It also needs a new rubber kit and three buttons so all together it will need about $175 worth of work done to it.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 07:18:46 pm »

I dont know nothing about pinball machines but that 110 in the background looks great two thumbs up from me Josh!!!! your my hero!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 09:12:47 pm »

I would still call or email PBR for the price on one if you have time.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: