SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 05:15:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like value and more info on cavalie css-8-64  (Read 40492 times)
cvb141
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 12:05:58 am »

Hey Pixel & Loman4ec I just bought a Cavalier USS7-91-56. much like what you guys are discussing. Couldn't get a pic on the comp. tonight. But it is in good shape but someone also has messed with the vend switch. I like its small size and ability to vend cans. The cheap price didn't hurt either. I really liked the way Loman4ec painted the machine to look old, and putting it in the corner of the room. Wife already said don't even think about bringing it in the house. I'll be following your post for ideas on this thing. Good luck getting yours going Pixel.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 12:28:05 am »

CBV141 if you need any help feel free to ask. I have tons of pic of different machines I have done. Let us know if we can help.
Pixel
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 03:18:23 pm »

I really appreciate the offer, but you don't have to go all of that trouble. My father says he can make a toggle paddle for it, all he would need is a drawing or the measurements.
cvb141
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2005, 07:50:49 am »

Thanks loman4ec, I cleaned it up yesterday and almost got it back together last night. It cools great and I got the vend switch back into place. I'm not sure if the screws fell out or if it was removed, but I feel like it will work now. I,m going to try and post a pic, but my kodak easyshare is hardtoshare right now.
Pixel
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2005, 01:49:05 am »

Would chrome bezels for an older CS-64 (say, late 60's) work properly on my machine?

~~
Congratulations on the USS find, cvb. Can/can capable vendors are nice, especially if you can find a fairly old one that works.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2005, 03:52:21 am »

If you mean for the bottle opener and change return yes they will fit just fine.
Pixel
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 03:33:27 pm »

Good news. The vend stack is repaired and ready to be used again. It'll have to re-installed of course, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I just thank God the cooling system didn't have to be opened.

I was looking at the bottle door here while back, I noticed a small hole with ragged (but not cracked) edges in the inside plexiglass pane of the bottle window, closer to the top. No hole on the outer pane. Is this hole something that should be there?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2005, 06:18:35 pm »

The hole is only on the inside. Great news on the vending stack. Do you still need any parts? I think I am going to sell or part out one of my 64's. They are good solid machines but I don't need two.
Pixel
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2005, 07:39:49 pm »

So the hole is supposed to be there?

As for parts, I'm still interested in a chrome bezel for the bottle opener. Possibly the coin return bezel as well.

The bottle door gasket has come unglued in a spot. Doesn't look like there's any damage to it though, just loose there. How would I go about regluing it?

Alas, I am at a crossroads with the Choice Vend. It looks like it's going to need some cooling work, and that sounds like it may be $$$. I guess I'm going to have to decide if its worth trying to fix.
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 10:42:17 am »

The inner two panels of glass should have a 1/4" hole near the bottom.  The outer panel should not have any hole.

Just use crazy glue to reset the door gasket.  I'd suggest loosening that corner so there's no pulling at the seams while the glue sets.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: