SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 12:49:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like value and more info on cavalie css-8-64  (Read 40497 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 01:50:58 pm »

Here is the machine I just bought. I will try to get in there and pull out the bottle stack in a day or two. This one is really pretty nice. No rust at all and only a few small dents.
Pixel
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 03:38:02 pm »

Your machine does look good.

Don't worry too much about the stack pics. Just whenever you can is fine.

It sounds like you've removed stacks before. Can it be done without unsealing the refridgeration system? At least the machine will cool like it is.

Sort of an aside -as far as repro parts go, it's hard for me to blame anyone for not making them. With the cost of buying glass bottle Cokes resembling highway robbery, it's not likely enough glass bottles are bought to justify the cost of producing such parts for the machines that vend them. Even though I would like to try to fix it, I got my machine because it will cool [cans]. I'd go broke buying bottles for it, even if it worked perfectly.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 04:20:19 pm »

You never have to unseal a refrig system. The stack comes out just fine. Just remove the shelves and remove the two screws at the top of the stack and it just pulls out. It takes about 10 min total to remove it. You can even remove the entire cooling system wihout breaking the seal.
Pixel
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 06:31:59 pm »

Cool. Thanks. That sounds better. I'd hate the thought of yet another Coke machine that needs at least an R-12 or substitute charge.

Well, made a little headway. I thought that since the stack gates were all open when the power was off, the coin mech would not have any effect on the machine without some work on the vend setup. Just to kill some time, I decided I'd work the coin counter lever sticking out of it (its cover is broke). Since it was set on 40 cents, I tripped the lever 4 times, thinking it was the dime counter. Decided to go 4 more times. After the eighth click I heard a fairly lound *thunk* inside the machine. When I tried to open a vend gate, it acted like it might be locked.

Turns out the solenoid is moving. After several times cycling the mech and trying the gates, I found that the top two gates were trying to lock, but they would still come open with a little force. The rest didn't really seem to try that hard to lock. However, with credit on the coin mech, holding a single gate open did in fact lock all of the others. Not sure what to think now.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 08:15:51 pm »

Hey Josh i need one shelves out of it...Can you help

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 11:11:16 pm »

MCarter, I am sure I will get another CS64 soon but untill then I really don't want to sell anything off of this machine. It os just too nice. I am actually thinking about puting it in my garage to vend beer out of untill I can find the time and $$ to restore it. Trust me I will find another soon that I will part out.
Pixel honestly I am stumped. The best thing I can suggest is to take the stack out of the machine and check it manually with the stack out of the machine. You can move the solenoid by hand without power and with the stack out of the machine you can watch what is happening and hopefully see what is going wrong. It could be as simple as something being dirty and needing cleaned and oiled. Good luck.
Pixel
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 06:21:18 pm »

With the vend stack out, I think I know what part of the problem is. It looks like its missing a peice (or peices) that fits into the triangular cutout on the lower back of the vend stack, where the solenoid throws the lever.

I remember looking over a thread about a Cavalier 72, and it mentions a toggle plate or paddle that I don't have in mine. If no one minds, I'll borrow the drawing from that thread.

Is a CSS-64 like mine supposed to have a similar setup with the toggle paddle?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 07:30:32 pm »

Yes it is. Someone has butchered your bottle stack to make it free vend when they could have just wire tied the plunger and it would have been done. I suggest if you want it to vend again you get in touch with Glen (Moondawg) and get you another bottle stack. Or if you want to wait I will probably get another parts machine at some time or another. In the past two years I have parted out 5 or 6 Css 64's and Css-96's so I should have one at some time but who knows when.
Pixel
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 09:43:53 pm »

I suspected all along somebody had tampered with the machine in the name of free vending, but I just didn't know how they did it. Might have known they'd do the worst thing.

There may yet be hope for my stack, though-I've been told an acceptable duplicate peice can be made, if I can get a detailed drawing of the missing paddle/toggle. Do you have one, or know someone who might? Either way, is that the only peice that should be in the triangular cutout?

I appreciate all the trouble answering my questions. I know I'm inquisitive to say the least, I just don't know alot about soda machines. I'm definitely learning though.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 11:59:50 pm »

Give me a few days and I will see how hard it is to get out. I think I know of a good machine shop here and I will see if I cant have one made for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: