SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 12:56:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like value and more info on cavalie css-8-64  (Read 40489 times)
Pixel
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 11:44:19 pm »

Oh, I see.

Wow. I didn't understand at first the "before and after", because I didn't realize the second was even a 70's machine. Quite impressive. You do nice restoration work.

I remember Coke-red USS-8-64 that also had a red "Coke" (Not Coca-Cola) sign in the upper right. I think it was all-red on the sides, except for maybe a decal, but I'm not sure. It looked like it might have been an early or mid 80's model. Have you ever seen one like that?

What do you think about my machine? I realize the pics aren't much to go on, but can you tell me how likely it is that the paint job is original? As far as collectors go, how big a deal is a replacement compressor? It looks like an older compressor, but its hard to tell because they've been made similar to that for so long.

Also, I was wondering if you knew where I could find the parts I'm missing?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 12:36:31 am »

I have had a few of the mostly all red USS-64's and yes they are the later models. Attached is a pic of an early 80's USS-64. Your machine looks like it has been painted at some time but I am not sure. I just haven't seen one that looks like yours. A new compressor makes no difference in value. These machines are not really what I would call valuable anyway. They are really neet but they just aren't that collectable yet. But they will be. Funtronics or the soda jerk should have the parts you need. You can find them on the parts suppliers section of the home page here. If they don't I am sure I will be buying another 64 some time soon to part out. I generally have parts machines but I just moved so I got rid of everything to lighten the load.
Pixel
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 02:13:38 am »

Yep, that's the one. Red Cav USS-8-64. I believe I saw one very much like it in use some 12, maybe 15 years ago. After some time, I thought I was crazy because I saw only one in the intervening years, and began to wonder if they were real. Glad to see they are. That's one of my favorite ~20 year old machines. Does the "U" stand for universal?

I appreciate the parts information-I'll prolly check with them. Of course if you get a Cav 64 for parts, I'll prolly check back with you on that.

Do you happen to know how someone might have "unlocked" the bottle vend gates on a CSS-64 so that they open regardless of credit state or even when the power is off? I'd like to try to reverse that temporarily, so as to test my coin mech and just to know the machine will work the way its supposed to.

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I need info and it's just not very easy to find on the internet in general. I do appreciate the time and expertise.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 10:08:12 am »

Pixel, First off please don't apologize for asking questions. That is what this site is for.  As for the vend gates. Look at the bottom of the bottle stack. There might be a sheet metal cover that you need to take off or often they are missing. Under that is a sylinoid that ingages a lever on the bottle stack. This is what locks and unlocks the gates. This might be wire tied in the vend selection, disconnected or just dirty making it stick in the open position. Play with this a little and see if you cant get it working.
Pixel
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 06:28:49 pm »

It looks like the metal cover is shaped something like a triangle. I had someone who has more experience with solenoids than I do look where you directed me. The solenoid seems to be connected properly, though I forgot to ask them to check the connectors for being dirty. However, they found another problem with the vend setup. They told me that a chain (a bicycle-like chain) is off of its assembly back behind the vend column. Could this also be the problem? How would I go about getting to it to fix it?

Thanks again.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 08:15:22 pm »

Pixel,
I bought a cavalier 64G today and I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I will remove the bottle stack and take some pics for you. I think this machine is in pretty good shape and works so I will probably not part this one out. But we will see.
Pixel
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 11:18:43 pm »

I sort of jumped the gun when I didn't check out the solenoid a little further. I'm still learning.

I'm not real good with electromechanics, but if worst comes to worst I'll take a multimeter to the solenoid and check it and the connectors out a little better. Can you tell me what voltage/amp/etc. the solenoid is rated?

It looks like both the solenoid and chain may need a little work. I'd hoped it wouldn't have vending problems like the Choice Vend, but at least the Cavalier is small enough to work on.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 11:26:22 pm »

There isn't much to slant shelf machines. I went and picked up the cavalier today and it is a CSS-64G. It is way too nice to part out so I think this might be the next frosty machine. It is still in the back of my truck so tomorrow when I take it to storage I will try to get some good pictures for you.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 10:56:36 am »

I've got 2 complete 64 bottle stacks that I don't need. Too bad shipping is so expensive

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 11:22:22 am »

Now there is a great idea. If something is wrong with the chain or if anything is missing it could be really hard if not impossible to fix. Even though they are simple no reproduction parts are made. I have shipped bottle stacks all over the US for about $35.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: