SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 10:02:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 26.  (Read 3666 times)
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:16:51 am »

Hello all,

I just purchased an F.L. Jacobs 26. Took many years to find one but I did, locally no less. I feel I got a great deal on it, $450. Only missing two things. 1) The circulating fan motor. 2) The flapper door where the bottle vends out. The latter being more problematic.......hmmmm. Everything else is there as far as I can tell.

I have had it a week and I would say I have it 50% dissasembled.

I have been educating myself via the web, and have a good idea of parts suppliers and resources for this project. I will be doing all the restoration myself, save for the refridgeration unit. I understand that Antiques Vending does a fine job on that end? I also understand that FunTronics is where I will need to go for allot of parts?

I see a few other Jacobs 26 folks out there. Anyone parting a machine out? I could sure use a flapper/vend door? Or the entire coin mech. cover? Oh yeah also need a cap catcher (intact, but allot of rot at the bottom, glad I can weld).

Any words of initial advice/wisdom/caution would be appreciated.

I just wanted to post and introduce myself. I look forward to getting to know people on the list.

Thanks,

Joe
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:52:09 am »

Welcome to SMC, Joe! It's great to have you around. When you get a chance, we'd love to see some pictures of your Jacobs 26. Those are great little machines. It sounds like you got a really good deal on your machine.

Yes, Funtronics is an awesome source of parts and information. Steve Ebner and his wife are the owner/operators and are both great. Another wonderful source for parts is The Soda Jerk Works in Clovis, CA. Steve Jebb is the owner and is very knowledgable. Both companies advertise here and their banners can be found at the top of this page.

Global Compressors, another advertiser here, is an awesome source. Eric is very quick to answer the phone and is always freindly and eager to offer advice and talk about your problem you may be having. He's located in Conroe,TX. I currently have a refrigeration deck enroute to him as I type this!

On your parts:

Bottle Chute Flapper - Funtronics doesn't list them as being reproduced, but you can still call and see.

Cap Catcher - FunTronics sells em'! They come unpainted and made out of steel. Cost is listed as $75.00.

The only words of advice I can give are the following: Post lots of pictures and don't be afraid to ask A LOT of questions here. Everybody here is super willing to answer questions and if they don't know the answer, they'll usually find it for you or point you in the right direction. Also, use the search function here to browse the archived data from the Discussion Boards.

Again, great to have you around!

Brian
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 06:52:18 am »

Welcome Joe, you are in the right place.

Bob
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 06:59:28 am »

Welcome Joe!

I think you'll find a diverse group of people here that can assist you.
Locating parts for the older(30's, 40's & 50's) can be difficult at times but as you'll soon learn, patience and persistance will prevail... Networking is your best bet on locating unusual parts and SMC is a good start!

As far as the restoration is concerned, I would suggest taking photos of the complete disassembly process, label everything in groups; everything from the coin door goes into a labeled zip-lock bag, all parts from the vending mech will be in a box/bag together and so forth.
Parts that need to be re-chromed will be sent out all together as will any parts needing to be re-zinc plated.
As far as the refrigeration is concerned, is there one present...? If so, have to attempted to run it and see if the unit starts to cool...? We also have Global Compressors who has done some work for various members here, so you might consider a little shopping...

My six cents,

Jim

Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 08:22:27 am »

Hey

There was a door flap listed on ebay mixed in with other parts just this week. Here is  the number 6210895100. Maybe you can contact the winner.

Welcome

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 08:55:35 am »

Welcome Joe!
 Be prepared to learn a lot and make a lot of new friends!
But be warned this is an addiction so let your wife know
this won't be your last machine.

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 09:50:43 am »

Welcome aboard Joe,
  As mentioned by Jim, Lots of piictures, video, label parts/bag. documentation.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: