SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 11:08:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacment relay  (Read 2797 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: September 04, 2005, 07:02:07 pm »

Hi all,

I haven't been on SMC in a while and my Cornelius Pepsi venor has been sitting in peices for about the same time..

I finally found the missing part (vend solenoid mounting), and put the mechanics of the machine back together.  I'm now up to re-wiring the door, which shouldn't be too hard as I peiced together a schematic (one component at a time over several weeks).

The time-delay relay was working last I tried it, but the cap and resistor on it are fried.. so I was figuring on replacing the whole lot to be safe..  (and also the little mounting tab on the relay has broken off so I can't screw it in place).

2 things I'm not sure about:

1) What type of relay ?
2) What value resistor ?

The cap is 50uF, the resistor measures 565 ohms but the shell is burnt out so I don't know the markings (I know resistors can go high/low when they fail)

The relay is marked as follows:

AMF

Potter & Brumfield
KUP11A55
120V 50-60Hz

Industrial Rated
1/4 HP 120V AC
10A 240V AC

Below are links to the two parts to the wiring diagram.. upper and lower.. (upper = flavour buttons, lights, relays; lower = vend solenoids, sold out paddles, etc)

The small thing on the right side of the time-delay relay is a diode.

Schematic P1
Schematic P2

Hopefully someone can help..
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 08:12:47 pm »

I went to grainger online and typed in the relays number (KUP11A55) under the manufacturers number search and 4 replacements came up it. You would have to go look at them to see if 1 will work for you.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 03:09:26 pm »

Quote (vend_dr @ Sep. 04 2005,9:12)
I went to grainger online and typed in the relays number (KUP11A55) under the manufacturers number search and 4 replacements came up it. You would have to go look at them to see if 1 will work for you.

I checked Acklands-Grainger today (Canadian Grainger chain)..  they have the part I want for $9 +tax but refuse to sell it to me because I'm not a business..  part of their safety policy apparently.. (tho what harm I can do with a relay I don't know)..

Another electrical supply place has a replacement too, but they want $18 +tax for it and I would have to wait 2 weeks to get it in !!

Here are the specs for the relay.. if someone has something simmilar kicking around I'll take it !

AMF

Potter & Brumfield
KUP11A55
120V 50-60Hz

Industrial Rated
1/4 HP 120V AC
10A 240V AC

KUP = Basic Series & Type: Basic enclosed relay (square base, quick connect pins)
11  = Contact Arrangement: 2C (DPDT)
A   = Coil Input: AC 50/60 Hz.
5   = Mountings: BRACKET MOUNT CASE.
5   = Terminal & Contact Material: .187" (4.75mm) quick connect/solder; silver-cadmium oxide, 10 amps.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 09:29:39 pm »

Looks like I'm in luck.. ebay has an almost identical relay for $3.. (the old one is DPDT, this one is 3 pole DT)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: