SMC Discussion Areas
June 25, 2024, 06:08:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door light access and shelves  (Read 2488 times)
« on: August 24, 2005, 07:47:25 pm »

I have been working on my machine the past few days and I am now trying to get the light-up sign to work (I am assuming that mine lights up) The problem is, I am not sure how to access it? Any help on how to get to the area behind the sign?

Also, I am looking for shelves. I am going to post in the swap meet area, but wanted to see if shelves from other models would fit mine? My machine is a CS-64, but would shelves from like a USS-64 or CSS-64 fit mine? Are there any can shelves that would fit my machine, or were there never any made?

Thanks
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 09:27:47 pm »

Please post a picture, this will help others help you, not a machines are the same, even with the same model no.'s, they can be equipt many different ways, & besides, we luv pictures!

one way to tell if your machine is a "light-up", first, does it have a plastic sign, & does it have wires coming down from the sign area into the upper coin door area? & if it has a metal sign, well you know that won't light-up!

o access the sign, open the coin door, lift up the latch securing the Coin entry bezel/trim, tip it up & remove the two screws that hold the bottom of the sign onto the doorframe, then gently pry around the bottom of the signs trim area, & it should tip/pull out towards you, then pull it down & out, be carfull, it may be stuck in the frame quite snugly & when it "pops" loose, it might try to fall out! be ready and keep one had on the bottom of the sign frame in case it does.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 11:26:02 pm »

Thanks for the info there. That got just what I needed done. My sign is a light up, and I removed the bulb, to go find a replacement, and almost immediately broke it accidentally.  I got a new bulb, and plugged it in and it lit up. I was so happy.  Thanks for the help.  I would post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera, and I am in the middle of a roll of film taking pictures of the machine as I work on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: