SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 07:44:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vend won't stop on vendo 80  (Read 4647 times)
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:56:45 am »

Hi, I'm hoping someone has run into this before.  When I start a vend by inserting a dime into my Vendo 80, it begins to vend a soda but the motor does not stop after that.  I suspect that the motor cam switch may be bad but not sure.  Basically it is the same type of problem that RickPlayer posted earlier in this forum.  The schematic is still on the door but it's pretty hard to follow.  It looks like the only parts that it could be are the Motor Cam Switch (cannot locate replacement), the vend relay box (I think Funtronics may have this), or something in the coin mech.

The machine was working fine but started doing this recently.  If I power down the machine, the vend cylcle will be reset until the next time I insert a coin.  Any experiences or help with this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

- Tom
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 08:46:34 am »

Hello Tom,

First things first... Welcome to SMC!

I'll assume the coin mech is set to vend on ten cents.
What happens when you attempt to deposit 2 nickels or a quarter?

Remove the Slug Rejector, look for the trip wire that triggers each of the coin denominations and make sure each one, especially the dime, is non-obstructed during the entire stroke. If one of these wires get slighly bent, it can stick causing the vend cycle to repeat continuously.

It would help if we know what make/model coin mech you have also...

My six cents,

Jim

Rickplayer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:52:51 pm »

I also have a intermittant proble with my vendo. It appears the vend switch is not being engaged. Check your switch and possible adjutment or alignment.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 03:41:06 pm »

Hi Tom,
I have a Vendo 80, but do not use it much and have not encountered your problem.
I suspect you initial diagnosis is correct. It sounds like you need to make an adjustment to the vend cam switch. As I recall, you can loosen the two screws and adjust it slightly.
If that does not solve the problem and it is not the coin mech as Jim suggested, then the only other thing I think it could be would be the vend relay. As far as I recall, those are the only variables in the vend circuit.
Good luck and be sure to post the solution as it is a good thing to have in the database here.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: