SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 04:25:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vf-56 window...  (Read 3878 times)
« on: May 19, 2005, 11:15:00 am »

Hello Everyone!  I have been having a problem with my VF-56 window getting foggy & moisture in between the glass...  I sealed it with clear window caulking, but that didnt work well...  Does anyone know if anything else that will work to prevent this from happening?  

Also, I still havent had any luck with locating a "Coin Entry Bezel" for my VF-56.  So if you happen to come across one please let me know!

Thanks
Gsaenz
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:51:25 pm »

There is a break somewhere in the seal between the two lites of glass allowing moisture to get in.  One way to fix would be to replace the rubber seal on the glass.  The way I usually fix is to fab myself a insulated unit(thermopane) to replace the original glass.  It insulates better and you have nice new unscratched glass.  A local glass shop could probably do this for you if you took them the door and the glass.  I could probably also offer this service for smc but I think it wouldn't be worth anyone's while by the time you took shipping into account.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 06:53:33 pm »

Maybe it's too well sealed ?

Here's my V63 below.  It has a hole drilled at the bottom of the inner and middle glass to let air get in !

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:55:27 pm »

Thanks!  The holes that are on my machine are on the outside glass and on the middle glass.  Do you think if I which the holes to the inner glass and middle that will help out?    
I just hate having my glass all fogged up and can't see inside!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 02:15:25 pm »

Yes, outside glass is always solid, holes are in  both inside panes.

Glen
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 11:35:21 am »

While we're on the subject of glass, I have a Cavalier 64G with mold and other unidentifiable science-project-like-material growing between the glass planes.  I tried removing the bottle door via the hinge screws mounted to the main door but can't get one screw to break free (freakin standard flat-head  screw).  As you know, the angle and space isn't good getting a straight-on shot at these little buggars.  Anyone have any bright ideas?

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 11:45:12 am »

One other question.  Are the vent holes supposed to be towards the top or bottom of the glass?  Does it matter?  Mine is towards the top.

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 06:16:33 pm »

Eric - I've only seen holes on the bottom inside of the door.  As for your screw problem - have you tried one of those flexible bit extensions?  It would certainly let you get at the screw but sometimes it's hard to get the proper leverage (especially with a flat head).

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: