SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 10:09:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo prices  (Read 3864 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: May 07, 2005, 07:24:42 pm »

What kind of price would I pay for an unrestored vendo squaretop (e.g. vendo 90 or simmilar) in reasonable condition ? (working, but faded, no or little rust)

I love the look of the glass door squaretops and am contemplating one for my next project..  (but I'm not up to cutting out rust or doing any kind of metalwork)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 09:35:52 pm »

I've been watching square top slant shelves for the past month or so on Ebay.  Pricing seems all over the place, with some strong regional pricing differentials.  It seems machines located in the boonies are going reasonably, but if they're near a metro area, grab your ankles 'cause it's gonna hurt.

There have been a few bargains of late, with machines going in the $200 - $300 range for decent machines, and some clean machines with major issues (dead compressor, coin mech, vending issues) selling in the sub-$200 range.  And there's been quite a few machines listing with absurd reserves that seem to keep coming back auction after auction.  Like a bad horror film, without the attractive but soon-to-be deceased actress.  I've really loved some of the listings featuring claims that "key missing, don't know if it runs" tied in with a $300 starting point.  

I'm not as fluent on Vendo's as I probably should be -- is the Vendo 90 the one set to vend cans and/or bottles, or is it a pure bottle vendor?  There's a guy out in Colorado who's ebay listing just expired with a real nice coke machine, vendo, restored.  Tragically, the auction hit $1400 without tickling his reserve.  But it was a beauty, nice restoration, paint, etc.  He also had a Pepsi machine, same model, nicely done up.  

Back down in the auction forum, there's a discussion on some other squaretops that may be out there, with other members of the board.  Might want to check out that discussion for ideas.  

Good luck with the hunt!   ':drinkers:'
vendobaldtops
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 10:07:14 pm »

There does seem to be significant regional variances..I've seen the Vendo 63/90 machines going in the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles, decent to good originals, going for 400-600 dollars.  However, I still think you can get complete ones for around 200 dollars.  I picked up three Vendo 63s (coke, 2 Grapettes) a few months back for 300 bucks total.  Just keep your eyes open.
keithm
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 10:22:14 pm »

Thsi one just sold for $610 on Ebay.

ebay
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 11:04:55 pm »

hmmm...  looks like I face 2 problems.. my price range is sub-$200 ($100 - $150 preferable), and I'm in a small town in Canada.. (all the machines I see are in major cities with big price tags.. I don't drive, letalone own a truck..)

My Cornelius square top came from a neighboring town and was delivered for free ! (coz the key was missing..)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 10:57:32 pm »

Run an ad... there's gotta be a square top somewhere sitting up there.... Along with older model coolers
most Orange Crush sliders and coolers come from up your way....guess OC was/is big there.
Ads work..... I think you would have a good chance for a square top.

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 07:43:07 am »

Ads do work. That is where I get most of my machines, but you have the problem of no transportation. It is too bad the cost of shipping on these. I have a bunch of machines on ebay right now.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 08:51:53 am »

Another thought... do you have Enterprise rent a car in your neck of the woods?  Or Budget?  In our area, both offer truck rentals, either mid or full size trucks.  Enterprise is a bit annoying with mileage if you go outside of state boundries, but it might be worth it if you found something closer that you needed to transport.  It would probably be cheaper than the popular U-haul rent-a-wreck option.  Good luck!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 10:23:13 am »

MOST of the time the seller just does not have room for a soda machine anymore.  Chances are you could talk him into delivering as part of the deal.

Glen
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 11:31:31 am »

Would have to be delivered or negotiate with someone to pickup for me.. I don't drive.. (no license)..  I gotta wait till I get rid of my current square top anyway..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: