SMC Discussion Areas
April 24, 2024, 02:21:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier uss 8-64 service manual  (Read 17839 times)
« on: May 05, 2005, 02:51:54 pm »

I have found a cs 64 manual, but cannot find one for the us 64.  Where is the best place to look or will the one for the cs 64 work?

Thank you ':drinkers:'
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 03:13:23 pm »

I have found that the manuals are generally worthless. I know the USS-64 really well. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 03:39:50 pm »

Sounds good.  Thank you for the input.
bnmotorsgt
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:30:20 am »

Even though you might feel service manuals are worthless, do you know where I can get one?  I have come across a USS-8-64 machine and would like to get a service and parts manual.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 01:05:57 pm »

I think Funtronics sells them. I'm pretty sure I got one for mine from Steve...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
bnmotorsgt
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:19:15 pm »

Is it anything that can be emailed or faxed?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:54:39 pm »

If someone is willing sure. But please be aware the vendors support this site and without revenue will move on to other profitable services.
I only bring this up as the gas pump restoration hobby has just lost a huge resource with Seth T. getting out of the bits and pieces business.
Creighton
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:00:25 pm »

Even though you might feel service manuals are worthless, do you know where I can get one?  I have come across a USS-8-64 machine and would like to get a service and parts manual.

When I was new, I too thought a service manual would help me to restore a machine.

Wrong  darn  The serivice manual defines "service" as vacuuming the condensor fins and oiling both the fanmotors twice a year.

"Any issues beyond that are to be referred to a professional service center".   help

And a parts manual issued to us, the general public?..........  No way   tounge

Most of the parts are obsolete now and have to be substituted anyway!

So, if there is a question you have about your USS 8-64, that is not answered in your CS64 manual...then this site is probably the next best place to find your answer!

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 04:28:06 am »

I have owned more than 10 USS-64's I would be happy to answer any questions you may have and I have detailed pictures of several restorations I would be happy to share. Just let me know what you need.
bnmotorsgt
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 09:48:00 am »

This one runs nearly all the time.  The seals appear to be in good shape.  I don't think it needs to be charged, because it gets cold enough that ice forms in the drinks.  Could it possibly need a thermostat?  If so, where can I get one?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:15 am »

That would be my best guess. And even if it doesn't fix the problem it is a good idea to replace it anyway. You can get one from www.thesodajerkworks.com. While you are at it I would suggest replacing the fan motors. It isn't a must but it is a good idea.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: