SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 01:22:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stencils for picnic coolers….  (Read 301 times)
jojosensor

« on: March 23, 2024, 05:56:17 am »

I’m hoping someone can help me. I have several of the Progress and Acton picnic coolers from the 50’s and 60’s I’d like to restore. These include Coke, Pepsi and Royal Crown coolers. They’re the ones with the metal(aluminum) corners that are removable. I’m no professional but I enjoy restoring things as a hobby. I’d like to use vinyl to mask the letters after painting them and then spray the entire cooler. Afterwards, removing the vinyl to reveal the letters. I fully realize some will say it’s the wrong way to do it but I rather enjoy the process so it’s fine for me. This is just a hobby and I try to keep it manageable. My question is, does anyone out there have the files for the Pepsi and/or Royal Crown logos they’d be willing to share with me? Funtronics has all the vinyl for Coke but nothing for any others. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks so much for any help or leads.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 08:00:19 am »

I've enlisted the services of a pinstriper for my cooler lettering & larger chest machines as well. check with some of your local auto detail shops & bump shops as well, chances are they know someone who does pinstriping/lettering, also check with local sign-shops.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 01:14:08 pm »

Another place to check for a pin stripping resource, is a local automotive paint shop. I got a lead from a local shop I've use.

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D "restorebished"
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: