SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 05:57:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 26 drum/stop pawl question  (Read 181 times)
cccc5151

« on: March 19, 2024, 04:31:09 pm »

Hi,
I'm in the process of restoring a Jacobs 26.  So far so good, however, I'm having issues with the lower stop pawl getting wedged in the sector assembly swing arm.  The lower stop pawl stops the drum from turning after it has dispensed the soda. The sector assembly swing arm, (see picture) which spins after a good coin drops into the ratchet wheel and I believe releases the lower stop pawl so it can spin and dispense a soda, gets caught on the lower stop pawl . The lower stop pawl appears to stick out to far causing the sector swing arm (see picture) to get caught on the lower stop pawl arm that sticks out and gets wedged in that position. To release it I have to take the drum off, remove sector spring and disengage the sector link assembly.

I've tried adjusting the stop pawl, the sector assembly, but with no luck.  Seems like something is missing to get the stop pawl arm to go under the sector assembly to release the drum and dispense a soda.  I am hoping that my above explanation of how this works is incorrect and I am missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Doug

Vendo 6 case
Pepsi VMC 33
Embossed 7UP Ideal 55 Slider
1930 Westinghouse Standard Cooler
Jacobs 160
Dads picnic cooler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: