SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 05:37:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse WB - 60 sign  (Read 338 times)
Justin W

« on: March 08, 2024, 09:18:15 pm »

Fixing up a Westinghouse WB-60 that has a broken sign.  I was going to try to make another insert on my own with some plexiglass and translucent sign vinyl using my Cricut vinyl machine.  Has any tried using sign vinyl to recreate one of these back lit signs?

Also does anyone have a service manual for the wb-60 or other similar select o matic westinghouse machines?

Justin
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 04:44:52 pm »

Hello Justin,

The only problem I foresee is your cricut vinyl does not come in a "reverse apply" form, meaning, you apply the decal/vinyl to the back of the plexiglass. A work around may be to utilize two 1/8" thickness pieces of plexiglass and apply to the front of one and sandwich the artwork between the two...
I do not have a service manual for this model to offer you.

Good luck on the project!
Jim

My six cents,

Jim

Justin W

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 06:12:33 pm »

I thought the same about the mirroring of the regular sign vinyl so I googled some translucent vinyl and ordered it.  I also thought regular opaque vinyl would maybe look weird when backlit on the machine. The original sign allows light through.  I cant tell if they used decals or screen printing or what they did on the original signs.   We’ll see how this turns out after I put a sign together and I’ll post pics if it works out.

After this little project Im gonna start refurbishing the internals and cooling system.  It all works but it needs some tlc.  If I run into more issues I’ll post again in another area.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: