SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 07:12:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with Selectivend Dr. Pepper Machine Identification  (Read 2599 times)
FlightTest

« on: May 04, 2023, 07:20:08 pm »

Howdy,

I just picked up a Selectivend Dr Pepper Machine and need some help with identifying which model it really is.

I believe it is a late 1950s Selectivend S-96 that was modified at some point to add the multi vend front door.   I can't find a data plate but there is a sticker inside that says a conversion was completed and it is now a model C100A-1. However I can not find any information on that model number.

Can any of the knowledgeable people on here help guide me?

Is there any information out there on this model

Thank you very much!

This is only my second machine so I am very much a newbie.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 05:26:53 pm »

This S/V model may in fact be a conversion form a single flavor/interior rack vendor to a multi-vend shelf vendor, thus it may not have a data plate per say.  S/V (Select Vend) did produce some shelf vendors with glass doors as shown, and they also converted other manufactures models over to shelf style vendors notably the Vendo V39 & V83's.  also note the vending chute block-off plate just below the bottle door, this indicates that it is indeed a converted vendor.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 05:28:24 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
FlightTest

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 11:10:23 am »

Thank you so much for your clarification.   I have tried searching for any documentation available for the C100A-1 model but have found nothing.   

The Dr Pepper stickers on the side are dated 1964 so maybe that is when the conversion was completed. 

Do you think it was a modified S96 or something different?

I have included a couple more pictures to possibly help with the identification.
FlightTest

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 11:11:28 am »

A couple more pictures.
FlightTest

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 11:13:04 am »

Sorry I am having trouble with resizing the pictures to meet the size requirements. 
FlightTest

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 11:14:12 am »

Data tag
FlightTest

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 11:15:07 am »

Side picture
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2023, 12:07:32 pm »

Yes, it’s a converted S96... turned into an S100 vis-à-vis the bottle rack, So it’s quite correct to be calling it an S100 now.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
FlightTest

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2023, 10:38:04 pm »

Thank you so much.  I hope to get to it pretty soon and see what works and what needs some help.
FlightTest

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 05:09:55 pm »

I was able to wire up the compressor and it started right up and the evaporator started getting frosty.  The wiring is in rough shape and the thermal overload switch has a crack on the side.  It has a Blissfield compressor tag but some of it is very hard to read. The compressor fan is missing so I am planning to order one soon.  It appears it also had some kind of cardboard fan shroud that has remnants of the cardboard under 4 retaining bolts on the condensor frame.

The thermal overload switch has a large brass blade/connector that goes right to the compressor.  I have not seen any replacement of that type available so I may just put it back together with a 3 in 1. 

Does anyone know what size condenser motor and fan size the Selectivend S-96/S-100 used?  Is it the typical 4Watt motor that most seem to use? 

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: