SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 12:43:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad thermostat?????  (Read 893 times)
davin72
10 Cent Member

« on: August 12, 2023, 08:40:02 am »

So my wife grabbed an oddball cooler. It’s a Victory TDM 275 that I think was made in the 90’s. Cools great but never kicks off. It’s been running all night and is showing to be at 20 degrees inside. I put in about 20 bottles of water yet none have froze either. I’ve turned the thermostat all the way down to 1 and nothing has changed. Nothing is frosting or freezing on the compressor and it has good airflow. Do you think it could just be the thermostat has gone bad.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 06:48:39 pm »

Have you looked to make sure probe or tube on end of thermostat is placed in position so it’s reading temperature. Could have been dislodged in moving since it does come on .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 07:26:36 pm »

So we tried something and bought a new electronic thermometer. Looks like maybe the other one was bad. I still think something might still be a little off cause now it’s running at about 35 degrees now but that’s still with the thermostat running at its lowest setting. It still never shuts off…BUT it’s not completely full of product and it’s in my garage here in Texas where it’s about 109 outside. To finally answer your question yes it seems like the thermostat is still in place and where it should be. This thing is so weird looking with its shelves looking like pizza trays. Hey it was free so can’t complain.
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 06:59:11 pm »

Ok so hopefully someone sees this. Lol. So I put in a new 3-1 and every once in awhile the compressor will kick on for about 10 seconds and then go out. Is that a sign it’s probably the thermostat now that need to be changed. This thing will not be fun changing out I can do it over some time.
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 08:27:37 pm »

Ok so another update. I bypassed the thermostat and that didn’t start the compressor either. The weird thing is after we originally plugged it in a couple days ago it got down to about 30 degrees and then slowly started warming up. Now I can’t even get the compressor to start. Oh well good thing this thing was free.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: