SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 01:33:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier USS-8-64 door gap  (Read 156 times)
jonesin39

« on: March 06, 2024, 07:00:04 am »

I recently picked up a Cavalier USS-8-64.  It appears to be in really good shape except that the front door doesn't seem to be straight, and when I close and lock the cabinet, there is an uneven gap between the door and the tub which is widest at the top corner.   I can hear the fan inside through the gap, but when I press my hand on the top corner it goes quiet.  The door seal looks good, and I have adjusted the lock plate as far in as it will go.  What would be my next step here?   It doesn't appear to have any visible damage to the door or sides, is the door bent or is there another adjustment that I can make to tighten this thing up? 
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 06:24:05 pm »

While I'm not very knowledgeable on later models such as yours, are there any adjustment bolts/screws on the hinges that may allow for the bottom to be slightly pulled outward in the hopes of minimizing the gap along the upper right...  Slightly unorthodox would be to place a small piece of 2x4 at the lower right corner, slowly close the cabinet door until it meets the 2x4 and then push hard along the upper right corner where the gap is with the intent to warp/bend/twist the cabinet door thus reducing the gap...
Hopefully helpful...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: