SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 04:00:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Coin Mech Problem-Part 2  (Read 1241 times)
oldmanjoe

« on: August 25, 2023, 01:25:55 pm »

Greetings all,

I was on here 10 years ago and received tremendous help with a problem. Here’s the link if anyone is interested:
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,17519.0/all.html

I now have the same problem, but I am unable to resolve it this time. You can see from the photo where the dime sticks. It does that at that point most of the time. Sometimes it will go through correctly and other times it will stick higher up so the coin reject will work. When stuck at the lower areas I can exert some pull on the magnet and it will work.

I’ve taken the magnet off and cleaned it and the area with acetone and alcohol with no result. I’ve also soaked the entire mechanism in hot soapy water as Slapshot42 suggested 10 years ago; no help. Any suggestions? Like I said, if I pull the magnet just a little, it will drop correctly.

If I can’t fix it, is there someone willing to repair this at a reasonable cost? I don’t use the machine at all, just display, and at my age I about ready to get rid of everything anyway; why leave them for an estate sale  biggrin
oldmanjoe

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 03:55:47 pm »

I've been trying to come up with a solution and I tried something. I placed a small fiber washer under the corner of the magnet, as I believe that was causing he problem. I have bench tested and it is working at least 4 out of 5 times. when it doesn't, the coin eject will send the coin back; which it would not most of the time before.  I've attached a photo. I haven't put it back in the machine yet. Do you think this is an acceptable work around, or is there a better way to solve this?

I've also attached a photo of the 55 in case anyone did not see it in the original thread.

Thanks, and any input would be helpful.  
Joe
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 04:28:07 pm by oldmanjoe » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 11:00:41 am »

try adding shims under the magnet assy & back plate retention screws & marked with the orange & red circles, the washer you added can interfere with the coins roiling down the coin guide rail, if you don't have any very thin shim washers, I've used matchbook cover cardboard to make a shim in the past, I've aslo have had to take the magnet assembly off & file the face to active the proper gap.  hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 11:02:49 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
oldmanjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 11:15:37 am »

Thanks, I'll give those a try! I had contemplated filing down the magnet.
oldmanjoe

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 12:32:39 pm »

I tried some very thin shims and it worked somewhat, but the coin would bounce out or reject at times. Space was too big. So I just gently bent up the magnet to increase the space and it has worked every time on the bench. I'll keep testing it before I put it back into the machine. Probably quit working when I get everything back together. Finicky little things aren't they? smile Thanks for input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: