SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:56:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 questions regarding my Vendo V-23  (Read 1789 times)
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« on: April 23, 2022, 09:49:59 pm »

First………is there a particular rubber seal that is better than say a window seal for the lid?
Second…..when dropping a dime in it does not fall and takes a slight bump to get it to fall. Is there an easy fix?
Last……is there a way to set this machine to free vend bypassing coins?
Thanks in advance

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 09:33:11 pm »

Been awhile since I’ve been on. Sad to see very little activity here. Used to be a hot spot.

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 06:21:05 am »

Been awhile since I’ve been on. Sad to see very little activity here. Used to be a hot spot.
Unfortunately, a sign of the times... Many have moved on to other platforms such as facebook where anyone can start their own page...

Regarding your V-23, I believe Soda Jerk Works or Fun-Tronics sell a gasket you need. I would start by removing the coin mech/slug rejector and performing a thorough cleaning and ensure proper operation prior to re-installing. I do not recall the vending specifics on the V-23, it's been many years since I restored one, but I'm sure there's a way to set it to free play...

My six cents,

Jim

autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 07:34:45 pm »

Unfortunately, a sign of the times... Many have moved on to other platforms such as facebook where anyone can start their own page...

Regarding your V-23, I believe Soda Jerk Works or Fun-Tronics sell a gasket you need. I would start by removing the coin mech/slug rejector and performing a thorough cleaning and ensure proper operation prior to re-installing. I do not recall the vending specifics on the V-23, it's been many years since I restored one, but I'm sure there's a way to set it to free play...

Thanks for the reply. It’s sad that folks are giving up on great forums like this one only to go to Facebook……out of convenience. Just like when so many moved from Craigslist to marketplace (which I detest). Anyhoo…….is there a beginners tutorial for going through a coin mech or is it pretty straight forward? Haven’t had a bunch of machines but the ones I’ve owned have never had an issue with the coin mech so I’ve not messed with one.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 12:17:15 am »

Hard to say about the dime path. A picture says a lot!
Free Vend - tie back the lock lever.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Rick_T88
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 08:57:34 am »

Agreed.  I love this site.  Just been a ghost town here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: