SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:11:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier USS-8-64 evaporator airflow direction ??  (Read 2286 times)
riv187

« on: July 29, 2021, 02:54:30 pm »

I know some things are changed inside like it now has a digital thermostat. I noticed the evaporator fan ,that sits atop the square evap coil,,It pushes downward. the airflow hits bottom and has to deflect upward ,,only to return through back rectangle opening of the fan hood. This didn't seem correct,,so I pulled off the hood as shown and looked at the specs of motor and fan. Its a GE 4w 1550 rpm CCW.
 Is this the correct flow direction?? pushing down at the tray?Huh?? It seems to me it should go up the back towards top and fall down to tray. This would require either a different fan blade or motor that goes clockwise,,,,but the motor would be sucking instead of pushing air,,,,less efficient I'd think?

I also checked the condensor fan to compare,and it pushes,,is a Morrill Motors 1450 rpm 6W cw -clockwise.
Does my machine have correct fans for watts, and direction? ?
Both have 5 blade fans.
 Thanks for help!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 05:29:46 pm »

The evaporator fan should pull “up” from the bottom of the tank ( tray) & push out the back of the deflector & up the rear wall behind the bottle shelves,   The condenser ( compressor) fan should pull air first through the condenser coils (radiator) & push it back over the compressor itself.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: